Zoom is looking for a DevOps Engineer in Charleston – Apply Here!
Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom’s Workstyles () .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
Were problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, youll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
• Perform large scale software application configuration and deployment of foundational services for Zooms video conferencing that make the company a household name
• Capacity planning and scaling out services across the globe
• Implement advanced DevOps technologies and best practices to continue refine our global deployment infrastructure
• Collaborate with other functional teams: R&D Engineering, Security, BigData.to ensure production services reliability and availability
• Provide escalation support to technical support engineers
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Strong scripting language experience such as Python and Bash
• Expertise in shell scripting, Linux command line utilities: awk, grep, sed, vi etc.
• Experience with configuration management tools: Ansible is required (Chef, Puppet, Salt are a plus)
• In-depth experience with AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, S3
• Working experience with MVC Web Application Framework such as Django, Flask, and template engines: Jinja2.
• Experience with automate the build process of complex production software systems
• Experience with container technology and orchestration tools: Docker, Kubernetes.
• Experience working with CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code tools: Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation
• Knowledge of Application Integration technologies using message brokers, distributed task queues
• Solid knowledge of network stack and application networking
• Solid troubleshooting experience within a large scale production environment
• Git and related source code management tools and practices
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
• Excellent organization skill, attention to details, ability to independently prioritize tasks
• BS degree in a related field, MS preferred
Experience Nice to Have:
• Experience with building and maintaining monitoring system for large scale production systems
• Prior experience as Linux Admin, or Linux Systems Engineer for large scale infrastructure
• Experience with video conference technologies
• Experience with Linux Kernel and application security
• Experience with AWS CloudWatch, Route 53, KMS, DynamoDB, IAM
• Experience with virtualization, such as VMware, KVM, Xen
• Mentorship experience
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at .
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here () .
• Hear from our leadership team (: youtu.be/7i2o_tszj5g ; K5ATeMLGHIlgtw!N_9bFG2WvSVHNjvQfjuOpRN_CRuOAVcjK-OUBF5KymSi-XOFAnfRCVoBcyNhxGRFJi6P$)
• Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
• Visit our Blog ()
• Zoom with us!
• Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram ()
• View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site () .