West Pharmaceutical Services is looking for a SAP in Exton – Apply Here!
HYBRID POSITION- Exton, PA
Who We Are
Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side of our patients and customers, our global team members and the communities in which we operate – which all help contribute to a Healthier World.
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts patients’ lives each and every day – our products are a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect. With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success, which includes reported sales of $2.14B in 2020. We serve by the side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of charities that have special meaning to them through our West Without Borders team member-led giving program.
The Sr. Solution Architect, D&T, SAP PM requires knowledge and experience and is accountable for collaborating with the D&T team in various locations to define, deliver and support IT enabled business solutions for the SAP – Plant Maintenance. This role will also help determine business needs and design & deliver technical solutions for these areas. The role with help will handle the delivery of SAP S4Hana Plant Maintenance including project delivery, system configuration and enhancement plus production support in alignment with West D&T and company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Possess understanding of the overall vision and business needs and utilizes this knowledge to collaborate with Operations, Plant Maintenance to define detailed business requirements for D&T enablement of business needs. This includes interpreting any issues and recommending solutions or best practices.
• Utilizes knowledge of best practices to define strategic direction, determine business needs and design & deliver technical Plant Maintenance solution.
• Provide technical delivery of functionality to meet defined business requirements.
• Essential member of agile sprint team(s) to configure and develop optimal technical solutions / features.
• Provide technical delivery of functionality to meet defined business requirements as described in User Stories.
• Provide system support and maintenance in alignment with standards and process set within the ERP Services Delivery model, West policies, and procedures as well as Regulatory requirements including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley and FDA GMP.
• Uses expertise to solve problems. Provide system support and maintenance in alignment with standards and process set within the ERP Services Delivery model, West policies, and procedures as well as Regulatory requirements including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley and FDA GMP.
• Create and maintain system lifecycle documents in accordance with West policies and procedures, including creation and maintenance of SOPs, SOIs and Job Aids.
• Work within and participates in the Change Control process.
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
• Exhibit regular, reliable, punctual, and predictable attendance.
• Other duties as assigned
Education And Experience
• Bachelor’s Engineering degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field
• 4-6 years of related work experience
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Understanding and knowledge of SAP – system functionality and technical understanding of Plant Maintenance (Preventive & corrective Plant Maintenance, Spare parts planning & management PM- Master Data) and quality management (QM).
• Should have sound knowledge of PM integration with other modules such as PP, QM & FICO.
• Must be up to date on latest ERP release.
• S4 HANA knowledge required, ideally actively involved in implementation of SAP Plant Maintenance on S4 HANA
• Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global organization and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced & complex environment with a self-motivated work ethic; utilize sound judgment with an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
• Proficient English language skills
• Willingness for global travel
• Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description
• Able to comply with the company’s safety and quality policy at all times
Physical And Travel Requirements
• 15% travel, including global travel
• Occasional on-call work required
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a special need that requires accommodation in order to apply to West, please send an email to [email protected] . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.