Wells Fargo is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer in Philadelphia – Apply Here!
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Systems Operations Engineer also known as a Site Reliability Engineer who enjoys and thrives on solving problems through innovation impacting change at scale in a diverse environment. You will participate as part of focused team of Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) introducing and advancing SRE discipline across multiple applications and customer journeys across the Card Services Platform. The team will drive technology transformation and adoption of SRE aligned enterprise capabilities and products, launch new tooling enablement, automate away complex issues and integrate with the latest technology. Site Reliability Engineers leverage their experience as software and systems engineers to ensure applications onboarded to SRE are available, have full stack observability, introduce continuous improvement through code and automation, provide operational insight through analytics, continuously test, are integrated with CI/D and work with application teams to ensure products and service we provide are always on.
This Site Reliability Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Help support Site Reliability Engineering capabilities at Wells Fargo Card Services igniting the practice, principles, and culture leading by example. Partnering with skilled engineers by growing the practice within Card Services and peer platform embedded SRE teams.
• Leverage enterprise capabilities, tools, and innovation improving availability in a complex ecosystem by evolving observability, monitoring, logging, synthetic monitoring and chaos engineering.
• Help evolve our environment introducing self-healing and autonomic capabilities solving for complex operational and systemic issues with precision including building and training models, automating cognitive processes to improve availability of products we provide to customers
• Assist with Automating key SRE metrics and IT Service Operations processes including customer impact, % availability of critical business flows, SLO/SLI adherence, error budget, automate incident process for IT Service Operations through data integrating with unified communications, and alerting/notification systems.
• Share support responsibilities for critical applications and customer journeys onboarded to SRE including remediation of issues through Agile, conduct blameless post mortems, root cause analysis and introduce continuous improvement solving problems once and for all with the goal of no repeats.
In this role, you will:
• Participate in complex, broad impact initiatives including provision of high level systems consultation for the technology teams
• Work as key participant in large scale planning of computer systems and network infrastructure for Systems Operations functional area
• Review and analyze complex technical challenges, as well as escalated support issues related to core business solutions that require in depth evaluation of multiple factors, such as alternatives, enhancements, periodic systems reviews, or improvements to existing systems
• Make decisions on technical changes and enhancements
• Consult with engineering team on change design requiring solid understanding of technical process controls or standards that influence and drive new initiatives
• Collaborate and consult with technical peers, colleagues, and mid to more experienced level managers to resolve systems support issues and achieve goals
Required Qualifications, US:
• 2+ years of Systems Engineering, Technology Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
• 1+ years of experience designing and managing Splunk Dashboards, reports, lookup tables, and summary indexes.
• 1+ years of database logging and monitoring concepts experience
• 2+ years of application production support experience
• 1+ years with one or more Agile tools used for tracking user stories or backlogs, such as Confluence or Jira
• Experienced with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
• 1+ years of experience with Application performance, monitoring and optimization using Blazemeter, JMeter, Splunk and AppDynamics
• Experience and understanding of AIOPS and related tools such as MoogSoft or Big Panda
• Experience with one or more automation tools such as Ansible.
• Experience with Container technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, PKS
• Flexibility to provide 24/7 support on a rotation basis as needed.
• Ability to work additional hours outside regular business hours
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.