VMware is looking for a Build Engineer in Baltimore – Apply Here!
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black’s success.
VMware Carbon Black engineering group is looking to hire a Software Engineer who loves working on complex problems and getting things done. The ideal candidate combines excellent engineering skills and passion to work with Big data.
As a Software engineer, your day-to-day tasks will be the following.
• Building Services which are decoupled and provide high throughput and can deal with very large volumes of data.
• Working with stakeholders and other team members to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
• Review others’ work and share knowledge.
Skill Set Needed ::
• 6-8 years of experience in relevant areas in building large scale distributed systems and Microservices , which can handle petabytes of data spread across multiple regions
• Extensive experience working with microservices built for the JVM and with developing modern, reactive APIs and hosted in public cloud like AWS.
• Experience building enterprise-level software with a focus on performance, scalability, and security in public cloud AWS .
• Deep knowledge in using Messaging systems (Kafka , Kinesis)NOSQL systems(Cassandra , DynamoDB ), RDBMSs (Oracle , Postgres, MySQL) etc.
• Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching, HTTP , REST and Distributed Tracing
• Deep knowledge of building high quality software in Java and python/Golang would be plus .
• Develop deployment scripts and tools that work with standard CI/CD tools to support highly customized build and deployment environments.
• Understanding of Jenkins build and continuous delivery pipelines using tools such as Docker, GitHub, Kubernetes and AWS tools, while following configuration as code practices.
• Experience in the Security domain is a plus.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-07-26
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at .
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.