Verizon is looking for a Java Developer in Ashburn – Apply Here!
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
We encourage candidates who are currently enrolled in, or completed within the last 6 months, Generation’s Full Stack Java Developer program to apply.
This position – which is part of the Verizon Thrive Apprenticeship Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on, and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 52 week Apprentice experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects across various teams within Verizon that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program while preparing you to work as a developer at a technology company.
During this immersive apprenticeship experience, you will complete an accelerated 52 week program designed to:
• Prepare you to be a full stack developer with knowledge of both the front end (client side) and back end (server side) of development. The front end is the look, feel, and design of the site. The back end includes the server, database, and applications that drive the functionality of the site. Together the front end and back end deliver the final product.
• Engage you in coding challenges, while gaining practical experience of the entire software stack.
• Provide you with hand-on assignments that give you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge.
Daily tasks could include:
• Working with technologies such as: Test Driven Development (TTD), Object Oriented Programming (OOP), RESTful design pattern, Node.js, Data structures & Algorithms, and Web Security just to name a few.
• Attending daily and weekly check-in meetings and training with your assigned coach and your fellow team to report progress.
• Completing daily facilitated study time towards your apprenticeship curriculum.
• Working with technical staff and mentors to learn workplace skills and tools specific to your role and the technical environment.
• Participating in peer reviews of projects for fellow apprentices.
• Collaborating with your team, mentors, and managers.
• Applying all that you have learned to real-world applications through projects.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
• Current enrollment in Generation’s Full Stack Java Developer training program, with anticipated successful completion by December 1, 2022, OR successful completion of the Full Stack Java Developer training program between June 1, 2022 and November 1, 2022.
• Associate’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
• Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
• Demonstrated interest in technology.
• Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills.
• Previous related internship or work experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
• Proficiency in Google Slides, Docs, Sheets.
• This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
• This is a full time 52-week Verizon Thrive Apprenticeship Program
• Work hours: Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.