United Surgical Partners International, Inc is looking for a Spring in Silver Spring – Apply Here!
Chesapeake Urology, a United Urology Group affiliate, is the largest urology practice in the Mid-Atlantic region and a repeat Best Places to Work winner. Chesapeake Urology has over 100 providers, including more than 86 physicians and a team of Advanced Practice Providers in 25 medical offices and 17 AAAHC-accredited ambulatory surgery centers throughout Maryland and Delaware. Our integrated approach to urologic care provides patients with access to experienced specialists, a comprehensive support team of healthcare professionals, innovative diagnostic tools, highly advanced treatments and therapies, as well as clinical trials.
Chesapeake Urology offers competitive salary and benefits packages with a great working environment. To view a full list of our benefits, please visit .
We are seeking an experienced Sterile Processing Tech for our Surgery Center located in Silver Spring, MD. This is a Monday – Friday position. Excellent working environment, great staff, competitive salary, and free parking offered. Plus, you DO NOT have to work weekends, nights, holidays or take call.
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing all instruments and equipment for surgical procedures and patient care.
• Performs all duties relating to instrument processing including decontamination, sterilization, and high level disinfection.
• Responsible for preparation and packaging of instrumentation.
• Perform quality control testing and monitoring of sterilization equipment, maintaining records, preparation and dispatch of surgical cases.
• Maintains complete and accurate record-keeping of all instrument handling.
• Report defective equipment in a timely manner to supervisor.
• Assist with the repairing and purchasing of instrument/equipment with assistance from Director of Nursing.
• Stock and order inventory supplies as necessary.
• Monitor and continually assess operating room conditions, including patient and surgical team needs.
• Prepare, care for and dispose of tissue specimens taken for laboratory analysis.
• Perform other clinical and office duties as assigned by manager.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of two years of experience as a Sterile Processing Technician.
• Sterile Processing Certification is highly preferred
United Urology Group complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date.