TransUnion is looking for a SQL in Washington – Apply Here!
TransUnion’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice
What We’ll Bring
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You’ll Bring
• Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated experience designing and implementing data models for customer facing websites and applications
• Strong experience in SQL database development, data modeling, performance tuning, and best practices
• Project management experience with a strong understanding of agile management frameworks, and experience in fast-paced dynamic environments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work well with multi-functional engineering teams addressing conflicts and critical issues
• Prior management, supervisory or team lead experience, motivating and enabling teams to reach career success and the goals of the business
We’d Love To See
• Cloud based Database development experience; AWS features and infrastructure is a plus
• Expertise with Microsoft SQL server, SSMS, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, etc.
• Experience with various business intelligence and business analytics tools, such as PowerBI
• Located in the US Eastern Time Zone
Impact You’ll Make
• As the SQL Database Manager, you’ll act as the deputy director for the Data Services Team, while also taking a hands on approach. Gradually, you’ll gain direct reports and manage project delivery and timelines for key projects. Other key areas include:
• Lead integration and transformation efforts related to billing, reporting and analysis, partner integrations, new partner onboarding, and M&A activity
• Support code reviews and provide solutions/guidance to issues faced by DB and application developers during SDLC
• Partner with application and business stakeholders to ensure high quality product is developed and released into production
• Ensure engineering best practices through agile development, automation, robust application monitoring, resilience, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion’s Internal Job Title
Manager I, Data Operations