Touch World Inc. is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer in Arlington – Apply Here!
SRE with previous application development experience and strong DB skills. Role requires the candidate to provide L2/L3 support of the Applications.
Please find candidates who come from development background and now working as an SRE
Ideal candidate MUST have previous background in software development (JAVA).
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a minimum of 5+ years of relevant
experience, preferably working in the financial IT community. The position in the GBOT team is focused
on delivering exceptional services to both BU and Dev partners to minimize/avoid any production
outages. The role will focus on production support within GBOT automating deployments and working
with the agile teams to build and support stable and reliable production systems. The ideal candidate
will be passionate about automation and skilled in one of the programming language
Python/PERL/SHELL, Ruby, JAVA or the like. Candidate should possess a strong understanding of
database concepts, job scheduler, MQ, Web services, UNIX/LINUX/Windows OS as well as experience
with debugging applications. We are looking for a team player with excellent communications skills who
is committed to continuously improving and delivering results. Candidate should be organized,
disciplined, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and delivery-focused.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with support/development teams to design, build, and maintain systems
• Troubleshoot both non-prod and production issues across the entire stack: hardware, software,
• application, and network
• Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create
• automation for deployment, management, and visibility of our services
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing
• for changes that improve reliability and velocity; includes automation for other various
• operational needs
• Work with upstream data providers and upstream consumers, and reducing the amount of
• escalation to development teams
• Represent the SRE organization in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new
• and existing services
• Use analytical skills to find trends in the environment and drive out problems.
• Help design and implement telemetry and statistics gathering to locate areas of the plant where
• effort needs to be focused to make improvements.
• Maintain applications once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and
• overall system health with a focus on business activities and continuously evaluate cost and
• Work closely with Application Development to ensure that the support team has excellent
• knowledge of the application set, own and maintain support knowledge base and documents.
• Be flexible to provide weekend on call rotation and attend calls with other team members from.
• other time zones.
• Develop scripts and assist with code changes along with operational tasks/activities
• Take ownership and managing production requests, questions, issues and perform Root Cause
• Analysis for outages/incidents
• Understand the overall business flow of supported application systems and its interface with
• Be flexible to provide weekend on call rotation
• 5+ years of experience in a production environment with a solid software development background and understanding of performance tuning, end-to-end troubleshooting, networking fundamentals and appropriate attention to detail.
• Ability to focus, provide resolutions for production issues in a high demanding and pressured environment
• Hands-on experience in application and database troubleshooting/issue resolution in a fast paced environment
• Automation-related experience using one of the following scripting languages: Python or Perl or Shell scripting.
• Strong experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment
• Strong experience in environment on demand for both Virtual Machines and containers
• Strong database skills with Sybase or Oracle.
• Hands-on experience with LINUX/UNIX
• Hands-on experience with PERL/Java
• Practical experience on Agile Methodology (e.g., Scrum).
• Awareness of, and ability to reason about modern software & systems architectures, including load-balancing, queueing, caching, distributed systems failure modes, micro services, Cloud, etc. Excellent communication and ability to think out of the box for process improvements.
Knowledge of Cloud based deployment, security, networking concepts in Azure and AWS.
• Knowledge of Control M or other batch scheduling software.
• Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment.
Knowledge and hands-on experience on with monitoring tools like Kibana, Loki, Grafana.
• Knowledge or experience with automating deployments using Jenkins, Train or Windeploy
• Interest in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.