Top Echelon Software is looking for a Ruby on Rails in Canton – Apply Here!
Top Echelon Software is looking for talented, driven, and experienced Ruby on Rails Backend Software Developers to help us deliver a world-class SaaS recruiting and hiring solution that helps companies hire top talent.
This position is full-time and allows the flexibility to choose to work in our Canton, OH or Minneapolis, MN offices with remote/hybrid opportunities also available!
Who is Top Echelon Software?
Top Echelon Software is the leading provider of recruiting and hiring solutions that combines multiple technologies such as sourcing, applicant tracking, pipeline management, CRM, business development and reporting into one solution that transforms the speed and efficiency in which companies recruit and hire top talent. We have thousands of users, in most every industry, around the world, using one of our talent acquisition solutions.
Top Echelon’s mission is to help the world work by providing innovative recruiting and hiring software that transforms the employment marketplace.
Ruby On Rails Backend Developer Overview
As part of a cross-functional software development team, this role primarily involves continuing development of our flagship product – an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud-based Applicant Tracking & Recruiting SaaS application with an emphasis on high availability, performance, and security. The ideal candidate will have broad web development and microservice experience. You will be working closely with product owners, product designers, and other developers on our product through continuous technological evolution and innovation!
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Who You Are
• Innovative – one of our values is “Innovation.” We want people who look for creative solutions to problems and are willing to take risks.
• Passionate – a love of technology and automation and a desire to keep abreast of industry trends and quickly adapting your skill set.
• Reliable – You do what you say you’ll do, when you say you’ll do it.
• Introspective – you are always looking for ways to improve our systems and processes
• Team Player – always helps others succeed
• Coachable – understands that we all have room to grow, and that feedback should be both received and given
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
• Work with design and development teams to build features that solve customers’ problems
• Participate in definition and clarification of business and product requirements and determine the technical feasibility of potential solutions
• Design and implement robust, scalable, and secure web-based solutions to business requirements
• Communicate progress, issues and risks in a timely manner
• Collaborate with other team members on projects that implement a variety of technologies
• Contribute to the improvement of our software development processes and practices
• Conduct code reviews
• Protect the confidentiality of sensitive and/or proprietary company and customer information
• Stay up-to-date on the latest and emerging technologies
Our Ideal Candidate Has
• 3+ years software development experience
• Proficiency with Ruby on Rails and comfort working in a large Rails codebase
• Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and how ORMs interact with them
• A fundamental understanding of automated software testing in general, and Unit Testing with RSpec specifically
• Proven experience building secure, scalable, and performant web applications
• Knowledge of application design patterns and object-oriented design and a desire to write clean, readable, maintainable code
• A solid understanding of building and working with REST APIs
• Experience in a wide range of AWS services or any other Cloud technology experience at scale
• An understanding of the deployment and continuous integration process
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices
• Experience working with at least one front end framework, preferably Angular
• Familiarity with Redis
• Familiarity with Apache Solr
• Familiarity with data streaming/messaging systems such as Apache Kafka
Top Echelon Compensation & Benefits!
• Competitive salary
• Paid Time Off (PTO), plus holidays including paid company shut-down from Christmas Eve to New Years
• 401(k) with up to 4% employer match after 6 months of employment
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Company paid Life Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability, and Wellness Plan
• A relaxed and professional environment
• Remote and hybrid work available
• A commitment to continuous learning and development with monthly education stipend
• Monthly work-from-home/remote stipend
Top Echelon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.