The RMR Group is looking for a Build Engineer in Baltimore – Apply Here!
The Building Engineer reports to the Chief Engineer and maintains a working relationship with and takes direction from all Property Managers in his/her area for issues affecting their properties.
Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems. This must be done in a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of the property. The Building Engineer must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all interactions with tenants and RMR staff. Teamwork and collaboration are critical to this position’s success. The portfolio currently consists of Four properties totaling 278,910 SF.
• Operate, maintain, and log all HVAC and MEP equipment under the direction of their supervisor.
• Complete tenant service requests, and develop and maintain positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to tenant requests.
• Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by their supervisor. Duties include, but are not limited to changing filters, coil cleaning, greasing motors, replacing light bulbs & ballasts, inspecting/adjusting belts, and regular inspections of equipment
• Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
• Clean and paint equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment and equipment rooms.
• Assist in ordering stock and inventory of parts and supplies, as needed.
• Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
• Review elevator maintenance records and confirm elevator maintenance is performed per national agreement. Inspect condition of elevator machine rooms. Report any elevator deficiencies to their supervisor.
• Assist with review of tenant improvement plans. Inspect active construction areas and confirm contractors are following all building rules and regulations.Coordinate fire alarm and sprinkler shutdown and drain downs with contractors as needed.
• Coordinate all quarterly fire alarm testing and maintenance with building vendor.
• Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems
• Perform carpentry and snow removal, if necessary.
• Take meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by their supervisor.
• Perform minor repairs on doors, hardware, lock, windows, ceilings, and floors
• Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
• Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
• Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions and report to management
• Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives, as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Daily communication with property management, engineering staff, security, tenants and contractors/vendors is vital.
General Maintenance and Operation Duties:
• Understand OSHA guidelines and how to ensure that all equipment is maintained to guidelines/standards.
• Read and follow written and oral instructions.
• Convey thoughts and recommendations orally and/or in writing to supervisors, contractors and others in order to resolve building-related problems.
• Operate and use necessary manual and power-driven tools.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Minimum 3-5 years of building maintenance experience or commensurate experience in a trade (plumbing, electrical, HVAC).
• HVAC or electrical technical school training preferred.
• Applicable military experience or other related operations experience will be considered including power plants, multi-family, hotels, hospitals, facilities, etc.
• Experience with automated building management systems
• Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical blueprints and schematics
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Must be team oriented and a problem solver.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision
• Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and continually heavy workloads
• May be required to work extended periods of time without relief, when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime-type assignments)
• Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device
• Lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs. for distances of up to 30 feet
• Climb ladders and stairs.
• Maintain professional appearance and manner at all times while in the complex.
• Will be required to perform off site duties through the use of a personal vehicle.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• If, at any time, security clearance is required for your job (e.g. you are assigned to work at a property leased by the Federal government), being awarded such clearance will be a condition of your employment.
The RMR Group (Nasdaq: RMR) is a leading U.S. alternative asset management company, unique for its focus on commercial real estate (CRE) and related businesses. RMR’s vertical integration is supported by nearly 600 real estate professionals in over 30 offices nationwide who manage over $33 billion in assets under management and leverage 35 years of institutional experience in buying, selling, financing and operating CRE. RMR benefits from a scalable platform, a deep and experienced management team and a diversity of direct real estate strategies across its clients.
RMR’s mission is to create long term value for our clients by managing their investments and assets “like we own it” – an approach that consistently and repeatedly generates opportunities for all our employees, investors and stakeholders. We are guided by six core values:
• Integrity at Our Core.
• Perform Passionately and Effectively.
• Inspired Thinking.
• Like We Own It.
• Power of We.
• Mutual Respect.
RMR has been rated a Top Place to Work by The Boston Globe and GlobeSt.com, and has been recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International and the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), among others (listed here), as a CRE industry leader.
Visit our website to learn more about what makes The RMR Group a rewarding place to build a career.
Follow RMR on LinkedIn, on Instagram @thermrgroup and on Twitter @TheRMRGroup.
The RMR Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Street: 575 S. Charles Street