Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. is looking for a Network Security Engineer in Alexandria – Apply Here!
Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The Information Technology (IT) Network Operations Team establishes and maintains the technology infrastructure and application support services required by our analysts to deliver timely, objective, and cost-effective analysis. We design, develop, and deploy hardware- and software-based solutions in close coordination with SPA’s client-facing groups all while implementing the necessary measures to ensure network security and protect customer data.
SPA has an immediate need for a Cybersecurity Engineer to provide operational cybersecurity support for our unclassified corporate information systems . #IN
The Cybersecurity Engineer will play a leading role in designing and implementing security solutions for SPA IT resources. In this position, you will focus on vulnerability management, continuous monitoring, incident response, and ensuring the health of SPA’s on-premises and cloud-based security systems. The Cybersecurity engineer will work collaboratively with teammates across the organization using a combination of both internal and external resources to effectively safeguard company networks, protect customer data, meet/exceed internal and external security compliance requirements and make recommendations to improve SPA’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Engineer will also be responsible for managing vendor relationships with product providers and consultant labor for projects that require specialized expertise.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, Systems Engineering, or a related technical discipline (may substitute with a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience).
• Four or more years of cybersecurity / security operations experience.
• One or more relevant technical certification (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CEH, CySA+, Security+)
• Experience managing security & compliance in an DoD contractor Office 365 environment.
• Direct experience executing vulnerability management processes and operating scanning tools such as Qualys Vulnerability Management, Tenable Nessus, or Rapid7 InsightVM.
• Security Information Event Management (SIEM) experience, preferentially using Splunk Enterprise Security and Microsoft Sentinel.
• Must hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance.
• Strong working knowledge of cybersecurity event triage and incident response using advanced EDR solutions.
• Fundamental knowledge of various firewall types including stateful inspection firewalls, next generation firewalls, etc.
• Familiarity with DoD cybersecurity frameworks and contractor data protection requirements published in NIST SP 800-171 / SP 800-53.
• Knowledge of common attack vectors and attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
• Understanding of security-focused change management and experience participating in the process.