STR is looking for a Full-stack Web Developer in Arlington – Apply Here!
STR is seeking an experienced Full Stack Web Developer with Top Secret security clearance to work with our system engineering teams in designing and building beautiful and usable data-centric websites. This role offers an opportunity to work from the very beginning of an idea all the way to deploying a final, production-ready web application. The successful candidate will design and implement websites for our clients and projects; they will not maintain nor build the public-facing STR website. STR is seeking candidates ranging from experienced developers to technical leads; entry-level developers will not be considered for this role.
Support and provide leadership on a Vue-based development effort through stages of design, implementation, and demonstration. This role will be hybrid with an estimated 25% of time required in office. Specific responsibilities include:
• Design and implementation of web architectures.
• Design and deployment of databases.
• Design and implementation of stack for speed, scalability, and reusability.
• Design and creation of REST and graphQL APIs.
• Integration of front-end UI with APIs.
• Participation as a member of an Agile/Scrum software team.
• Collaboration across numerous programs and divisions within the company.
• Understanding the limitations of our tech stacks and business model and providing technical advice whenever necessary.
Who You Are
• 4+ years’ experience with
• Database design and management, including latest practices and associated versions.
• Server management and deployment for the relevant environment.
• Proficiency with Git version control.
• Proficiency using the command line.
• Experience with at least two of: React, Flask, Django, Node, Vue.
• Able to work independently.
• U.S. Citizen with a TS Security Clearance.
• Experience managing subcontractors.
• Experience with User Interactions and User Experience, or UI/UX research.
• Experience with military systems analysis or survivability analysis.
STR is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us. Visit us at www.str.us for more info.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at [email protected] and provide your contact info.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws.