SPA, LLC is looking for a Data Architect in Arlington – Apply Here!
S ystems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) delivers high-impact, technical solutions to complex national security issues. As we enter our 50 th year in business, we are known for continuous innovation for government customers, both long-established and newly acquired, as our capabilities expand around the globe. Our work is state-of-the-art and made possible only through the best personnel, tools, and jobs in the national security business. We are highly collaborative in spirit and practice, and we freely share expertise across SPA in our quest for enduring solutions to critical concerns. Come work with the best!
SPA’s Critical Infrastructure Group (CIG) provides program management and analytical support for independent evaluations that inform decision making concerning technical solutions that our clients are considering investing in to address identified capabilities gaps.
SPA has an immediate need for a Data Architect who will be expected to provide advanced analytical support to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and apply rational, systematic, science-based techniques, and critical thinking to help inform and improve the Department’s decision-making abilities for preparation, response and recovery to manmade and natural disasters and impacts on the Nation’s critical infrastructure. Apply principles of mathematics and statistics, computer science, software development, and the latest technologies to design and implement solutions to acquire, store, and access data and develop data standards and frameworks. Develop an enterprise data transformation capability.
The successful candidate
• Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and executing programs to help demonstrate and expand analytical capabilities.
• Develop data standards and frameworks to collect, integrate and link, and manage data.
• Provide data governance practices in data administration, data integration, and data modeling.
• Provide expertise in defining data structures and data integration practices for operational uses.
• Review and develop object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
• Provide system design and development, applications and operations support, and data architecture support.
• Develop plans of action and timetables in order to meet established deadlines.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline.
• 8+ years’ experience in database technologies, applications and experience with data modeling/database design.
• Experience with data analytics software such as Tableau, Power BI, and ArcGIS.
• Experience with data governance development and implementation.
• Proficient in developing relational databases and mining data.
• Possess an active SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain TS.
• Master’s Degree.
• Experience providing analytical support to the Department of Homeland Security.
• Experience with discrete system simulation software such as Arena or ExtendSim.
• Active TS clearance.
• DHS Suitability.
• TOGAF certification.
• FEAC Institute Certified Enterprise Architect.