S&P Global is looking for a Computer Vision Engineer in Washington – Apply Here!
We are looking for a Senior Computer Vision Engineer to design and build out advanced image processing and technical document/figure understanding solutions to enable our soon-to-be-launched digital transformation product which uses advanced knowledge engineering and AI to accelerate innovation in engineering, manufacturing, and scientific operations. The perfect candidates will have strong skills in deep learning, object recognition, and probability theory, a proven track record of collaborating and iteratively implementing data-intensive solutions, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, and effective project leadership. You will be a part of an early-stage team. You will educate stakeholders, mentor team members, and have a significant stake in defining the future of our image processing automation for the product.
• Design, build, and maintain production image processing and understanding systems enabled by deep/machine learning and semantic engines over industry-specialized documents to relate key business entities described in unstructured data
• Work closely with machine learning engineers, micro-service developers, and data engineers to build out knowledge graph driven AI solutions incrementally and securely
• Champion a cultural shift to MLOps best practices and adoption of the data science platform
• Work closely with the product management and development teams to rapidly translate the understanding of customer data and requirements to product and solutions
• Maintain an excellent understanding of the businesss long-term goals and strategy and ensures that the design and architecture are aligned with these
• Define and manage SLAs for data sets and processes running in production
• Research and experiment with emerging technologies and tools related to NLP
• Adhere to software engineering best practices including continuous delivery and version control
• Nuanced understanding of modern DL language representation techniques with the ability to design and implement novel DL solutions
• Mastery of critical image processing frameworks with capabilities like OpenCV, PIL, etc
• Mastery of Tensorflow/Pytorch frameworks for implementing and optimizing deep learning algorithms for training quality and serving performance
• Exposure to industry or academic research, particularly in deep learning and neural networks
• Deep understanding of many different quality metrics (MRR, F1, NDCG, Recall/Precision, etc ) and the tradeoffs of each with the ability to design ensemble metrics which correlate to business KPIs
• Ability to apply active learning and advanced labelling techniques to bootstrap datasets for lower capacity models (trees, linear, etc )
• Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background with either Scala, Python, C , or Java programming experience
• Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (unit testing, code reviews, design document, continuous delivery)
• Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
• Entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial experience where you helped lead the creation of a new product & organization
Nice to Haves
• Experience working with knowledge graphs stores (Stardog, TigerGraph, Ontotext GraphDB, Neo4j) and surrounding semantic technology (OWL, RDF, SWRL, SPARQL, JSON-LD)
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (AWS Data Pipeline, Apache Airflow, Argo, etc.)
• Experience with stream-processing systems (ksqlDB, Spark Streaming, Apache Beam/Flink, etc.)
• Understanding of the theoretical and practical tradeoffs of various NoSQL stores (Cassandra, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, etc.) with respect to different read/write patterns and availability/consistency requirements
• BA/BS or Masters in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields
• Experience with at least 10+ terabyte datasets, ideally up to multiple petabytes
What We Offer
• Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
• A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site:
• For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $120,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Were building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future so they can determine the best course of action in the present. Join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Were working hard to integrate our businesses. In the meantime, be sure to also visit to discover all our combined company has to offer.
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the worlds leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, youll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
Our people come prepared every day to creatively approach and solve new problems. They are instrumental in helping our customers see things differently and take on tomorrows challenges, today.