Slalom is looking for a Cloud Automation Engineer in Washington – Apply Here!
Who You’ll Work With At Slalom Federal, we co-create custom software, data, and cloud-native products for our Federal clients who are on a digital transformation and modernization journey. We’re a group of passionate, trusted advisors building strategies, solutions, and creative problem-solving to help our partners achieve their missions and create better outcomes for everyone served by the Federal government. We use modern tools and techniques to build scalable and secure products that handle our clients’ most innovative and strategic work. We follow Agile practices when building software that uses modern frameworks, and our cross-functional delivery teams are committed to the craft of collaboratively building high-quality and sustainable software products rooted in human-centered design principles. We build full-stack solutions across a range of established and emerging technologies and techniques according to the needs of our clients, including:
• Front-end applications using modern frameworks with responsiveness and accessibility baked in, e.g. React, Angular, and Vue using the United States Web Design System.
• APIs and back-end services built using modern frameworks and architectural patterns, with an emphasis on Java Spring Boot and Node-based microservices.
• Operational efficiencies leveraging modern ecosystems and automated build and deployment pipelines, and Infrastructure as Code with an emphasis on Terraform
• Collaborative build practices that allow our teams to be agile and responsive to our clients’ needs.
What You’ll Do You will focus on building secure, scalable, and reliable cloud platforms to deliver amazing products and services. You’ll combine your cloud and DevOps engineering skills with a collaborative and curious attitude to participate in the delivery of projects from early workshops through architecture, delivery, and transition into operations. You will lend creativity to solving client problems using modern tools and techniques, and by regularly reviewing and contributing to the refinement of your team’s work, you’ll learn and grow yourself and others. Specifically, you will:
• Provide input to help shape cloud architectures and DevOps delivery plans
• Work with your team and client stakeholders to build and deploy DevOps solutions in the cloud
What You’ll Bring
• Demonstrated experience delivering DevOps outcomes on AWS (Azure and GCP are a bonus)
• Demonstrated experience architecting and engineering solutions using a broad range of AWS services
• Demonstrated experience using DevOps concepts such as SCM, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, configuration management, observability, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in scripting/programming languages (Bash, PowerShell, Python, Go, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience delivering in cloud-native application architecture (Serverless, Containers, ECS/EKS, Docker)
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate proactively, ability to listen with humility, and observe the needs of your client in order to best apply your understanding and experience.
• Demonstrated experience of development best practices using Agile methodologies
• An innate curiosity and desire to learn and grow yourself and others.
• An attention to detail and pride in your work.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a US Federal Security Clearance at the Public Trust level, that contractually requires US citizenship.
About Us Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 40 markets around the world, Slalom’steams have autonomy to move fast and do what’s right. They are backed byregional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world’s top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 9,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized byemployees as a best place to work. Learn more at Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance. Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. #LI-HG1