Sierra7, Inc. is looking for a Information Security Analyst in Falls Church – Apply Here!
Sierra7 is a Small Disabled Veteran Owned Business. We were founded in 2009 with the mission of “Serving those who Serve”. We recently received the DAV (Disabled American Veteran) award. Also, Sierra7 is ranked No. 457 out of 5,000 fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Apply today and help us with our mission of “Serving those who Serve”.
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Federal Holidays
• Remote Opportunity
• Prescription Plan
• Education Reimbursement
• FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
• Corporate Laptop (Contract Specific)
• Sierra7 University- Training
About This Role
Sierra7, Inc. is seeking an Information Security Analyst Jr to provide support to the Privacy Support Office and Risk Management Framework efforts of the Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Privacy Branch by validating and electronically populating the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) portal.
• Research, documentation, and reporting on privacy related issues in the VA eMASS system
• Generation of reports on but not limited to Privacy process, Privacy Threat Analysis (PTA) and Privacy Impact Assessments
• Provide expertise on eMASS functionality and integration into the VA’s Privacy processes
• Assess the VA’s business operations and documentation on a continual basis to identify risks
• Demonstrated experience supporting governance, risk, and compliance activities for a Federal Security/Risk Management program
• Ability to validate and upload Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation into the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) portal
• Current knowledge of Privacy laws, regulations and VA Privacy policies and procedures
• The ability to assess/determine the legal and operational risks around sensitive and critical information assets
• Experience supporting the full lifecycle of the assessment and authorization (A&A) process, to include development of security documentation and performing control assessments
• Experience with information security and assurance principles
• Experience with system documentation and reporting in Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) tools, including eMASS
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of internal and external audiences
• Experience with reviewing and providing feedback on DoD cybersecurity documents, orders and instructions
• Experience with cybersecurity tools to include HBSS, VRAM, eMASS, DADMS, and ACAS
• High-level written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems Management)
• 2-3 years of work experience as a data analyst or in related field is preferred
• 2+ years of experience supporting information security compliance based on NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-53A, and NIST 800-37
• Ability to obtain and maintain an eMASS certification and system access
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sierra7 will not provide sponsorship for employment-based immigration benefits for this position. To be considered for this position all candidates must be a US Citizen. This position is not a C2C opportunity.
Sierra7 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled