Securiport is looking for a Release Manager in Washington – Apply Here!
The ideal candidate has strong experience as a Release Manager and has a clear knowledge of Agile/Scrum. This person must be able to develop and maintain the build environment, the source code control system, and the issue tracking system.
• Implementing, automating, and monitoring CI/CD practices across multiple engineering teams including multiple Software Development teams, Quality Assurance and DevOps.
• Establishing and enforcing policies on engineers’ best practices, configuring software development, and automated testing tools for Continuous Integration.
• Configuring and monitoring build, merging, and delivery process best practices for Continuous Deployment.
• Contributing to the write-up of software guidelines to align coding standards for proper component mapping, pushing code, managing configurations, merging code, automating testing, and automating deployment.
• Works to release complete solutions for Windows, Kubernetes, iOS, Android, Database, and Cloud environment including staging, demo, and operations where software releases can include new installations, major release updates, and hotfixes.
• Assist in overall release planning, release governance, risk assessment, milestone management, release prioritization, status reporting, production readiness review, and change implementation.
• Manage build activities until the software is deployed and delivered to users in production Create, document, implement code branches and merge strategies.
• Maintain the release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures Design, develop and test automated build and deployment processes.
• Evaluate continuously the efficiency of existing processes and procedures of change and release management and improve practices associated with continuous building and deploying.
• Make sure that all pull requests submitted by the development team are code reviewed and followed the proper process.
• Help triage and resolve environment-related defects and provide continuous environment support Review and approve changes.
• Track releases deployed.
• Work collaboratively with the team to ensure all modifications are documented and have passed quality gates.
• Document release issues/risk and communicate timely to stakeholders Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure the right controls are in place for process compliance Create and maintain all release notes for all applications delivered from the team.
• Work with Product Owner, Software Development Team, and Quality Assurance Team to groom requirements for backlog.
• A bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience. At least 3 years of experience in Azure DevOps.
• At least 3 years of experience in Creating projects, New code branches, and Merging code streams in Azure DevOps.
• At least 2 years of experience in creating Build Scripts, Automated Builds, and CI (Continuous Integration).
• At least 2 years of experience in managing Source code repositories, Build agents, Disk space, and reporting capabilities.
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks.
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
• Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment and learn new concepts. Familiarity with software implementation best practices.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar.
This position welcomes applicants outside of the Washington DC area but does not offer relocation assistance.
EOE m/f/d/v Securiport LLC participates in the E-Verify program