Scientific Systems Company, Inc. is looking for a Computer Vision Engineer in Reston – Apply Here!
SSCI is looking for a Space Computer Vision Engineer for projects in the areas of autonomy and unmanned systems. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for U.S. Dept. of Defense Security Clearance.
M.S. w/ 5+ years of relevant experience, in Space Systems, Aerospace, Robotics, CS, EE, or related field.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. () is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1990 and based in Woburn, MA, Scientific Systems Company Inc. (SSCI) invents disruptive technologies, develops revolutionary solutions, and builds trusted products for our customers’ most challenging missions. SSCI focuses on the creation of AI/ML enabled capabilities to command, control, communicate with, and manage composable collections of intelligent agents, smart sensors, and autonomous platforms across all domains.
• Help us build satellite mission-level autonomy flight software, test it, and deploy it to space for on-orbit demonstrations of autonomous spacecraft software missions
• Work as part of a team to design, implement, and test autonomy, AI, and machine learning algorithms and software systems for embedded autonomous satellites in constellation/cluster/RPO/single-vehicle missions
• Perform trade studies, implement research paper algorithms, and develop new algorithms for computer vision, including SLAM, Pose Estimation, object tracking, and object identification using classical and ML-based methods.
• 5+ years experience in R&D of Computer Vision Software in a robotics context.
• Experience with SLAM, Pose Estimation, feature detection & tracking, object tracking, object identification, and image segmentation using classical and ML-based methods
• Experience with OpenCV
• Experience with Deep Learning methods for computer vision
• Python, Docker, Linux, C++
• Exposure to on-orbit servicing satellite operations and space systems.
• Experience with real sensor systems, and spacecraft payloads and sensing subsystems
• Experience with Modeling & Simulation
• Basic knowledge of orbital dynamics, space flight software
• Proficiency with Linux ARM and CMake, and implementation of vision systems on embedded systems
Salary is competitive with market rates, with annual bonus awards based on company and individual performance. SSCI benefits package includes 401K and Health/Life/Disability Insurance.