SAP is looking for a SAP in Washington – Apply Here!
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
What you’ll do:
The BTS Complex Program and Project Management Architect role will lead innovation and digital transformation initiatives for SAP’s largest and most important customers. The responsibilities of this role include creating strategic and tactical roadmaps charting the deployment of digital solutions SAP offers while developing compelling business cases to help guide our customer’s strategic decision-making activities.
The BTS Complex Program and Project Management will provide comprehensive advice to our customers on long- and short-term opportunities for their key strategic imperatives and recommend innovations which anticipate the future direction of both business and IT stakeholders in the Complex Program and Project Management area (with particular focus on complex and multi-year engineering, manufacturing and maintenance programs and projects)
• Facilitate collaborative architecture discussions with our customers IT and business executives
• Work effectively across multiple functions and teams to define clear requirements to achieve business outcomes
• Analyze key business and IT requirements in the Complex Program and Project Management area (with particular focus on complex and multi-year engineering, manufacturing and maintenance programs and projects)
• Develop strategic roadmaps for the Complex Program and Project Management area encompassing the evolution of enterprise business solution portfolios from current to future state
• Identify improvement potentials within the Complex Program and Project Management area (with particular focus on Federal customers and A&D)
• Influence transition states toward joint business outcomes building on SAP solution value
What you bring:
• Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation – able to lead customer engagements at an executive level
• Proven excellent knowledge in Complex Program and Project Management processes and deep implementation knowledge in SAP ECC, S/4HANA and cloud solutions (ideally in the Federal sector (DoD) or A&D including solutions like PS, PMMO and ePPM)
• Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to estimate the financial impact of various solution architecture alternatives
• 5+ years of SAP solution experience, 5+ years management consulting experience
• 10+ years of solution and/or architecture (business & IT) experience
• MBA preferred
Meet the team:
Business Transformation Services (BTS) is the strategic advisory arm of SAP’s Service & Support organization. We assist clients in achieving their Digital Transformation vision based on their SAP and other IT investments. BTS works at the program level and more broadly at the enterprise level to define, deliver, and measure strategic business outcomes.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Requisition ID: 359624 | Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services | Expected Travel: 0 – 60% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual – USA #LI-Hybrid