SAP is looking for a SAP in Reston – Apply Here!
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
As SAP Concur Managed Integration Services Team, our mission is to provide the best Integration solution for Public Sector customers. To strengthen further our team, we are looking for Java Developers who will work on the best-in-class cloud-based integration application to deliver high quality and high-performance software that enables supporting mission critical. As a developer, you will be responsible for end-to-end feature development from requirements, design and development of software components across global deployments at scale. The primary areas of technology this team works on are Java, Web, REST, SOAP and the HTTP protocol, Micro services, Spring boot and Github.
Kindly Note that this position supports Public Sector customers, so a background check is required to work in government-level secured systems. One of the requirements of this Clearance is that the individual be a US citizen. If chosen candidate must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance. Also this role will be based at Virginia.
In The First 12 Months You Will
• Work in a cross functional and complex technical environment (end to end role – right from development, design, debugging to testing, maintenance and support/production support)
• Deliver high quality and high performance software that enables supporting mission critical business needs
• Work as team to innovate and deliver.
In Order To Accomplish This You Will Need To
• Have solid grounding in computer science fundamentals, and hands-on experiences working at large scale integration projects
• Have good understanding the modern enterprise integration architecture
• Follow Agile development best practices
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or any other specialization or equivalent practical experience
• 2+ years of professional software development experience
• Ability to write clean and scalable code using programming languages.
• Experience developing and consuming web services using REST, SOAP and the HTTP protocol that scale/performance in high transaction applications
• Some experience of Microservice architecture implementation.
• DevOps mentality with an understanding of Continuous Delivery and Observability
• Experience/knowledge with Docker, Helm, Kubernetes and a broad array of AWS primitives such as EC2, AMIs, EKS, S3, SQS etc. will be plus.
• Ability to communicate and maintain effective relationships with technical product managers, architects and technical leads.
• Ability to work on multiple simultaneously running projects.
• Hands-on experience with cloud-native solutions is preferred.
• As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s)
• Experience working directly with clients to discuss requirements and write technical specifications (Nice to have).
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Requisition ID: 354130 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: