SAIC is looking for a Cloud Software Engineer in Reston – Apply Here!
Job ID 2216586
Location RESTON , VA , US
Date Posted 2022-11-07
Category Information Technology
Subcategory Cloud Comp Engr
Shift Day Job
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain Secret
Potential for Remote Work No
SAIC is seeking someone to work directly for the Office of Technology and lead a high-performing DevSecOps sprint team using a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies to help shape the software development strategy for the organization by developing systems, tools, techniques, and processes. Our work typically focuses on the automation of DevSecOps toolchains, application development, and the general improvement of software quality through automation as well as the application of Agile and DevSecOps best practices. We develop tools for the rest of the organization to use, and work with other teams to integrate DevSecOps practices and CI/CD pipelines into their projects. We execute using Scrum with 2-week sprints, focusing on team consensus and sustainable pacing. Team members have the autonomy to use the tools and techniques that make the most sense for them, have flexible working arrangements including remote work, and use collaboration tools such as Slack/MatterMost for chat and Zoom for videoconferencing. Team members have the opportunity to learn new things, bring the best of their experience and knowledge to the organization, and make their voices heard. This job can be performed remotely within the US. The hiring manager prefers candidates willing to commute to SAIC’s office in Reston, VA, one (1) day a week.
Specific projects will include one (1) or more of the following
• Design and development of a U-Centric Service Management Portal to provide a repeatable, common, and consistent view of managed services across programs
• Improvements to Cloud Managed Service Provider (MSP) tools to include data emitters, data lakes, and visualization
• Support to Cloud-Based Command and Control program
• Support to Cloud One program
• Support to AOC Falconer program
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Technology with 18 years or more experience in Information Technology. Masters in Computer Science or Information Technology with 16 years or more experience in Information Technology.
• DevSecOps principles, practices, and tools
• Agile including Scrum and Kanban
• Project management including resource management and risk management
• Business processes and requirements analysis
• Client communications and management
• Enjoy efficiently solving challenging problems well by using all available resources including collaboration with teammates, internet search, tools and libraries, etc.
• Willingness to appear on webcam in remote team meetings
• Good communication and collaboration skills, comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders
• Agile management tools such as Jira and Confluence
• Understanding of cloud service provider offerings (AWS, Azure, Google)
• Understanding of integration and deployment tools
Covid Policy SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation’s technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers’ missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.