Software Engineer – RUST at Cloudflare
Location: Los Angeles
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Department
Cloudflare’s Engineering Team builds and runs the software that handles trillions of requests per month. We also build and run the internal tools that build and run our software. The Engineering Team is split into two groups: one handles product development and the other handles operations. Product development covers both new features and functionality and scaling our existing software to meet the challenges of a massively growing customer base. The operations team handles one of the world’s largest networks with data centers in 200+ cities worldwide.
What You’ll Do
The product you will work on will fundamentally change how people interact with the internet. You will be making the internet faster and safer for everyone around the world. You are expected to lead the developer effort for common high performance networking code that runs across five platforms (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and Linux). You will work closely with platform-specific app developers who rely on your low-level code to get the job done.
• Be comfortable making technical decisions and maintaining a code base with best practices.
• Be willing to take responsibility for ensuring that what you build delights customers and achieves the goals of the team and the organization.
• Wish to work with talented peers by submitting and reviewing pull requests, engaging in design discussions, and teaming up to tackle new projects.
• Be an advocate for ways the product and the team can work better.
Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
You are user-focused and thrive in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You consider building reliable and capable software to be just the first step in solving user problems. You are confident building software which works reliably because you’ve made many of the mistakes already. You’d rather ship than overengineer. You have a passion for growing yourself and your teammates and always have your sights set on getting better. You strive to have a positive impact and leave a positive impression on everyone you meet. You want to be a part of building something you can be proud of.
• Extensive experience developing with Rust and C++
• Expert level understanding of Rust and development tools
• Extensive experience with networking at all layers of the protocol stack.
• Great communication skills
• A kind and generous attitude towards customers and coworkers alike
• Experience with security protocols and standards
• Experience with HTTP networking and VPN technologies.
• Experience with network performance monitoring and tuning
• An appreciation and understanding of unit and integration testing
• A background releasing and maintaining code which is installed on millions of devices
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location. For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $ 137,000 – $ 167,000 .
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
• Medical/Rx Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Commuter Spending Accounts
• Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
• On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
• Global Travel Medical Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Life & Accident Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Employee Stock Participation Plan
• Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
• Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo : We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project : We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership : Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206 : We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person’s, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
For Remote Software Engineer – RUST roles, visit Remote Software Engineer – RUST Roles
Software Engineer-Rust (REMOTE) at CyberCoders
Location: Santa Clara
If you are a Software Engineer with Rust experience, please read on!
We are on a mission to accelerate the world’s transition to the real-time economy. We have built a programmable event streaming platform that allows architects, data engineers, and developers to build intelligent data pipelines for real-time services. We are looking for a talented Rust developer to get in on the ground floor of our rapidly growing business!
What You Will Be Doing
As a Rust Engineer You Will
• Build and maintain Cloud native microservices
• Design and implement solutions to provision and scale infrastructure
• Improve performance by designing and implementing low-latency and high-availability network services
• Implement user facing features across Web UI and HTTP API
• Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
• Develop and maintain Fluvio and related open source projects
What You Need for this Position
• 2+ years of experience using Rust
• Proficiency in Networking and Linux.
• Exposure to deploying and maintaining applications in production
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Experience with 1 or more Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or GCP
Nice To Have
• Working knowledge of Rust async framework
• Familiarity with containers and Kubernetes
• Experience with Terraform
• Knowledge of distributed systems such as Kafka
• Knowledge of web technologies such as Svelte
What’s In It for You
• $100k-$175k salary (Depending on experience)
• Remote workplace
• Health benefits
So, if you are a Software Engineer with Rust experience, please apply today!
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Corey Workman
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
[Email available when viewing the job]
• Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : CW4-1698608 — in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Corey Workman – Recruiter – CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
For Remote Software Engineer-Rust (REMOTE) roles, visit Remote Software Engineer-Rust (REMOTE) Roles