Network Security Engineer at Apple
Summary Posted: Jul 28, 2022
• Candidate should have strong experience in managing and securing large-scale, enterprise networks
• Strong understanding of the OSI network model and the most common security concerns/controls at key points in the stack
• Robust experience managing IPv4 network ACL’s and IPv4 network inventories
• Experience with IPv6 adoption and familiarity with the security challenges/opportunities that IPv6 introduces
• The ability to work collaboratively with operational/engineering teams and drive effective and pragmatic security improvements
• A strong focus on problem solving through automation
• Strong self-management skills and a desire to learn and innovate
The AMP systems environment spans multiple platforms with significant scale and complexity in the underlying network infrastructure. The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for driving a network security strategy within AMP that addresses AMP’s policy/compliance obligations while not sacrificing reliability or performance. This includes working with physical and software-based network technologies to instill the appropriate level of segmentation. At AMP’s scale, managing our network inventory requires the development of tooling that can pull data from multiple disparate sources and build a holistic view of AMP’s network footprint. This role requires a dynamic engineer who is able to adapt quickly and learn new technologies as needed. We are a diverse team looking for more independent thinkers who are striving for a positive and meaningful impact through their work.
Education & Experience
5+ years in a related network security engineering role
Network Security Engineer (REMOTE) at StandardAero
Accepting applicants based in or near Miami FL. Primary Responsibilities
The Network Security Engineer is an experienced technology professional – managing, designing and supporting one or more components of the organization’s cybersecurity enterprise environment.
The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for implementing and managing network firewalls, application firewalls, and intrusion detection prevention systems. This position will be responsible for architecting, designing and implementing complex, secure networks and managing event monitoring.
A remote working arrangement will also be considered for this position.
– Utilizes Subject Matter Expert knowledge in leading daily management and administration of network security controls such as firewalls, web application firewalls, DNS, routers, switches, VPN appliances.
– Provides first and second level troubleshooting, technical and operational support for network security technologies with limited guidance.
– Participates in ongoing infrastructure support, analysis of network use and design, and assists in future planning of the infrastructure to implement security standards. Participates in the evaluation of new technologies relative to network and communications.
– Performs the installation, configuration, and management of Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems as well as application firewalls.
– Collaborates with the network operation team to ensure the installation and configuration of the network firewalls adheres to industry security standards.
– Evaluate network and security design and technologies, developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls and related security devices, adhering to industry standards.
– Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities, and lead remediation projects in collaboration with other Information Technology teams.
– Collect, analyze and summarize data trends to assist with preparing system security reports. Produce security metrics.
– Collaborate with the Information Technology team to ensure that best security practices are followed at all times.
– Assist with the investigation of intrusion incidents, conducts forensic investigations, and mounts incident responses.
– Evaluates existing processes and policies and recommends enhancements to protect data and information from unauthorized access.
– Carries out initial troubleshooting activities with a view to creating supporting procedures and documentation to avoid future repercussions. Often works with vendors and wider internal teams.
– Works independently, with limited guidance, to design simple or complex environments.
– Drives resolution of escalated issues. Escalates issues to the appropriate party when required.
– Delivers technical reports on activities to varying audiences.
– Maintains knowledge with current emerging technologies and advancements within Information Security.
– Takes initiative and responsibility for achieving desired results and influencing team success.
– Works with management to ensure documentation procedures are in place for all changes on all equipment.
– Other duties as assigned
– Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field and/or 10 years’ experience in Information Security or Information Technology.
– 3+ years of related experience, deploying, configuring, and administering Firewalls, and/or other network-based security solutions (e.g., IDS, IPS, Proxy, etc.).
– Experience securing a large inter network establishing and enforcing policies and monitoring access.
– One of the following certifications: Network+, Security+, Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP).
– Experience designing and administering an enterprise network that supports multiple physical and cloud data centers.
Skills and Competencies
– Advanced ability to articulate complex technical concepts or scenarios to both technical and non-technical audiences.
– Advanced research, analytical, and/or problem-solving skills for evaluating situations, making recommendations, and taking effective action.
– Advanced verbal, written communication, and organizational skills.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Effective time management and organizational skills.
– Work independently as well as in a team environment.
– Analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Maintain confidentiality.
– Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints.
– Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment.
– Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect.
– Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees.
– Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee issues or inquiries.
For Remote Network Security Engineer (REMOTE) roles, visit Remote Network Security Engineer (REMOTE) Roles
Information Security Engineer, DevSecOps at Jobot
Information Security Engineer – DevSecOps with Think Tank Company- Remote
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Melanie McSweeney
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now” button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $130,000 – $160,000 per year
A bit about us:
Non-profit ‘Think Tank’ research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous
Why join us?
Medical, Dental, Vision
9 paid holidays
20 Days of PTO per year
9 sick days per year
Health Flex Spending Account
Dependent Car Flex Spending Account
[Link available when viewing the job] – care.com
Short Term and Long Term Disability
Maternity, Parent, Caregiver Leave
Adoption Assistance Reimbursement
401(a) – 20% vested after 2 years, 50% after 3 years, %100 vested after 4 years
Seeking an Information Security Engineer, DevSecOps with a strong background in both cybersecurity and API-driven automation and orchestration to join the Information Security Architecture and Engineering team.
This position is a cyber security engineer with recent experience on automating and orchestrating cyber defense systems. They will use programming languages such as Python and shell scripts to integrate systems; provide cross-system reporting and analysis; automate the consistent deployment of security agents, system and application configurations; support threat hunting and other aspects of company cyber defense services
• Security Clearance will be required to obtain
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developed automated orchestration routines to ensure ongoing protection of cloud services,
• Design and develop solutions to integrate systems across the network to improve interoperation as well as to continuously verify systems configuration against baselines,
• Identify, select, and deploy emerging cloud and hybrid cloud security services across cloud services,
• Diagnose and troubleshoot cyber-related network and system performance deficiencies,
• Contribute to the development and maturation of the cybersecurity strategy and roadmap,
• Apply engineering principles to the management of cyber infrastructure services,
• Work with all software and web development teams to ensure sound security practices and security is designed and built into the applications from the ground up.
• Self-motivated and fully responsible for leading technology deliverables, analyzing gaps and driving improvements to cyber-deterrence capabilities,
• Provide input to security policies and standards in accordance with changes in regulations, best practices, industry trends or controls required by contracts and grants.
• Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies
• Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining cybersecurity configurations in network, boundary appliances or application services
• Some experience working with leading SaaS platform APIs such as Workday, Salesforce or Office 365
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience with at least one of AWS, Azure or GCP
• Cloud orchestration technologies including such as AWS CloudFormations, Azure Kubernetes, and Durable Orchestration
• Hybrid cloud security platforms such as Armor Anywhere and Cloudvisory
• Secure coding standards including OWASP
• Securely managing credentials and secrets for general coding and cloud APIs
• Cyber forensics – conducting cyber investigations and diagnosing indicators of compromise
• Proficiency with infrastructure as code, configuration management and version control systems
• Requirements’ definition, gap analysis and technology assessment and selection
• Industry engagement – ND-ISAC, RSA, Blackhat and others
• Understanding of capabilities central to securing enterprise networks including end point protection, detection and response services, network intrusion detection and prevention systems, behavior-based malware detection, and memory forensics
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study
• One or more IT and Cyber Security certifications such as AWS Certified Security, Azure Security Engineer Associate, CSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, GCSA, and Security+
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
For Remote Information Security Engineer, DevSecOps roles, visit Remote Information Security Engineer, DevSecOps Roles
Sr Information Security Engineer, Data Protection- Telecommute at UnitedHealth Group
Positions in this function are involved in monitoring, evaluating, and maintaining systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, networks, databases, and Web-based security. Conduct vulnerability assessments and monitor systems, network, databases and Web for potential system breaches. Respond to alerts from information security tools. Report, investigate, and resolve security incidents. Recommend and implement changes to enhance systems security and prevent unauthorized access. Research security trends, new methods, and techniques used in unauthorized access of data in order to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach. May oversee internal or external systems security (i.e., cloud services). Ensure that customers and users have the right access to the right systems at the right times.
• Support of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and experience with development of Microsoft (M365/O365) Security and Compliance capabilities
• Monitoring, evaluating, and maintaining systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, networks, databases, and Web-based security.
• Conduct vulnerability assessments and monitor systems, network, databases, and Web for potential performance and capability degradation.
• Respond to alerts from monitoring tools. Report, investigate, and resolve security incidents.
• Recommend and implement changes to enhance systems security and prevent unauthorized access. Research security trends, new methods, and techniques used in unauthorized access of data to preemptively minimize the possibility of system breaches.
• Partner with required stakeholders to remediate DLP design, process, and technology gaps
• Work in a leadership capacity, working directly with other departments to develop and implement information security policies, standards, and procedures.
• Collaborate with multiple teams across multiple support tiers including desktop support, network, security, and information security teams, analyzing issues/incidents, establishing/working war rooms, diagnosing issue severity, computing problem resolution and recovery.
• Resolve or work with SMEs to resolve issues.
• 2 or more years experience with any of the following: M365 configurations, SASE, and/ or Cloud experience.
• 3 or more years’ experience with Data Loss Protection or Data Protection platforms
• 1 or more years’ experience with Splunk
• Previous mentoring/ guidance experience
• Experience working in an Agile workflow environment
• 2 or more years of IT Security or Cyber Security experience in any of the following areas:
• Incident Response
• Email Security
• Data Protection\Governance
• Cybersecurity threat detection, monitoring and reporting
• Cyber Intelligence and Threat Hunting
• Vulnerability Management
• Python scripting experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
• All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
For Remote Sr Information Security Engineer, Data Protection- Telecommute roles, visit Remote Sr Information Security Engineer, Data Protection- Telecommute Roles
BXTI – Network Security Analyst, AVP at Blackstone
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $881 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. Blackstone Technology & Innovations Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies. BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. Business Unit Overview: Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTI) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies. BXTI is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. Job Title: Network Security Analyst Job Description: The Network Security Analyst is an essential member of the global Network Security team. They will work closely with Network engineers and the outsourced COE team to ensure the safety, operation, reliability and security of Blackstone’s global network. Responsibilities:
The Network Security Analyst provides operational support & analysis for a diverse set of security events. The Security Operations Analyst will be the first point of contact with users/ peers/ vendors and will determine the type & severity of incidents and recommend appropriate actions, including escalation to senior staff.
• Provide Level 1, 2, and 3 support for day to day network security incidents and tickets.
• Working with off-shore COE Team provide oversight of Global Security network 24/365
• Implement/ change/ remove security rules as needed across proxies, firewalls and web filtering devices as needed
• Manage network security policy administration on various network security products.
• Participate in security incident response through in-depth, technical (log, forensic, malware, packet, etc.) analysis
• Collect security incident metrics & data to enable reporting to senior management
• 3+ years of hands-on technical experience in managing Network Security products like firewall, web proxies, DDoS mitigation solutions – knowledge of Palo Alto FW, AWS network security, and Zscaler strongly preferred
• Experience with cloud native architectures such as AWS or Azure a plus
• Possess an understanding of network protocols
• Experience using Splunk
• Have the desire to learn new technologies, share best practices, and contribute to a global infrastructure and security team
• An ability to create documentation and reporting
• Possess an understanding of security operations concepts
Have strong written and oral communication skills The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion. Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC). To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered “prefer not to say”). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
For Remote BXTI – Network Security Analyst, AVP roles, visit Remote BXTI – Network Security Analyst, AVP Roles
Senior Network Security Engineer at Kforce Technology Staffing
Kforce has a client seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer in Miami, Florida (FL).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Senior Network Security Engineer will provide leadership and technical expertise with the deployment and maintenance of client’s network security solutions
• Provide network security expertise and guidance around security issues and recommend solutions to mitigate and eliminate risks to client information assets
• Ensure that controls are in place and managed properly to meet legal and regulatory compliance of all network infrastructures
• Ensure the development of and adherence to client standards and best practices in all areas of networks security engineering and operations
• Contribute to the development of the Security Engineering roadmap of client’s telecom and network infrastructure
• Collaborate and provide input with client’s security teams in the areas of Risk Management, Compliance, and Incident Response to establish and enforce security policies for the network environment
• As a Senior Network Security Engineer, you promote and facilitates effective communication between the Security Engineering, Architecture, Operations, and other departments and or business units
• Assist in the acquisition and vendor risk assessment, procurement and evaluation of vendors and products
• Evaluate and recommend new and emerging services and technologies
• Assist with remediation efforts and recommendations as it relates to external and internal security audits
• Participate as an active member of the Security Incident Response Team
• Participate in post-mortem investigation of security incidents and prepare security incident reports documenting the findings
• Bachelors required, Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems Security, or related field
• CISSP, CEH, SANS Security and other industry and vendor specific security certifications highly preferred
• Minimum of 8+ years of experience in networking technologies including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, Wireless Networking, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, IPv4/v6, and administration of routers/switches with a proven record of successful deployment and management of network security solutions at a mid to large-scale enterprise network
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For Remote Senior Network Security Engineer roles, visit Remote Senior Network Security Engineer Roles
Global Cybersecurity Architect – Senior Manager at Deloitte & Touche
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cutting-edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with other experts in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
Want to make an impact that matters? Consider Deloitte Global.
Work you’ll do:
The role focuses on cybersecurity objectives including enhancing data protection, standardizing, securing critical infrastructure, and gaining cyber visibility through security operations centers. This is an individual contributor role focused on innovation, championing, advising, and working with a globally-diverse set of teams to implement cybersecurity controls and architectures that meet our cybersecurity standards and advance data protection across Deloitte at the speed of business. As part of the Global Cybersecurity team, you will:
• Act as the Cybersecurity advisor and subject matter expert to many projects, initiatives, and teams to provide guidance on how best to implement cybersecurity technologies, controls, processes, and assign responsibilities.
• Lead cybersecurity security product selection and development projects as appropriate, collaborating with subject matter experts across the global Deloitte network. Lead proof of concept evaluations.
• Review technology solutions with Global DTTL architects, engineers, and administrators, focusing on security design, network architectures, security policies and standards, cybersecurity risk frameworks & data protection, taking local and regional regulatory requirements into account (e.g., residency & privacy).
• Focus on data protection and Identity and Access Management (IAM) project and solutions, working closely with our global IAM team.
• Work with Cybersecurity Global DTTL Shared Services teams and Deloitte member firms on practical implementation of cloud security architectures and capabilities.
What you’ll be part of – our Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and implement global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has opportunities. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. What you’ll be part of-our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and implement global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has opportunities. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Who you’ll work with:
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in “what is” but rather “what can be” to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived. * Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, a technology-related field, business administration, or equivalent work-related experience
• Experience presenting technical content to a diverse set of IT and business roles.
• Strong business acumen, understanding the needs of the business and working to ensure success of different lines of business through secure products and services.
• Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in the Information Security / Cybersecurity domain with a focus on security architecture or similar experiences
• Experience with large scale IAM systems, processes, and security controls.
• Working knowledge of zero trust architectures and implementations
How you’ll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you’ll receive:
Deloitte’s Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do-that’s why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. #LI-Hybrid Hybrid work, remote may be an option
For Remote Global Cybersecurity Architect – Senior Manager roles, visit Remote Global Cybersecurity Architect – Senior Manager Roles
Cyber Incident Response Analyst at Exeter Government Services
Job Title: SCITES – Cyber Incident Response Analyst
Required Clearance:Top Secret w/SCI Eligibility
Certifications: DoDM 8570 IAT Level II & CSSP Incident Responder Certification (e.g. CompTIA CySA+ or CEH)
Required Education: Bachelor’s in IT or a related technical discipline preferred or commensurate level of experience based on position level
Required Experience: 8+ Years
Exeter is seeking the right fit to lead a team of Cyber professionals as they support the critical effort to provide Cyber Security. The cyber Incident Response Analyst will be part of a team covering (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, three hundred sixty five (365) days per year, incident handling capability. Selected candidates must be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills. Work is performed in support of U.S. SOUTHCOM in Doral FL.
• Receive, document, and report cyber security events
• Communicating best practices and risks to leadership
• Categorize incidents and implement corresponding escalation procedures
• Communicate and coordinate incident response efforts
• Analyze reports to understand threat campaign(s) techniques, lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise (IOCs)
• Access, secure and inspect local classified information processing areas
• Top Secret w/SCI Eligibility
• DoDM 8570 IAT Level II & CSSP Incident Responder Certification (e.g. CompTIA CySA+ or CEH)
• BA/BS degree in Information Technology or related field or commensurate level of experience based on position level
• Experience commensurate with a leadership role
• Due to the nature of the support, 24/7/365 shop with all shifts covered. Must be able to support
• Bachelor’s Degree in specialty field
• Previous experience working in a network security incident response team
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
BXTI – Cybersecurity, Senior Security Operations Engineer at Blackstone
Job Description: Firm Overview: Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $619 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit: Blackstone Technology & Innovations Business Description: Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTI) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies. BXTI is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, agile design processes and rapid pace of development means that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. Job Title: Senior Security Operations Engineer Job Description: The Senior Security Operations Engineer will work as part of the Security Operations Center and is primarily responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the firm’s security orchestration and automated response system. You will work closely with other security operations and engineering team members to develop automated response solutions utilizing third party API’s, custom development, and scripting. You will partner with security engineering to expand the observability of the core SIEM platform and onboard new, unique data sets to enhance detection capabilities. In collaboration with Purple Team, you’ll be responsible for identifying key areas of risk to the firm to design unique, bespoke detections to further enhance the overall security posture. Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain playbooks/documentation in support of ongoing tuning of the Security Orchestration and Automated Response tool
• Implement new detections and automated responses across the enterprise
• Manage data intake for a cloud based SIEM / ensure all data sources are working effectively
• Configure, test, document and implement new or upgrades to security processes, controls or products as directed
• Partner with cross-organizational teams to address alert and investigation deficiencies
• Advise on changes to area procedures and products
• Provide operational support, troubleshooting and maintenance of Security related processes, controls, or products
• Identify anomalies, malware, exploit attempts and other attacks using the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform
• Represent the Blue Team on Purple Team engagements/efforts to design and build detections
• Have 3+ years in a hands-on technical role utilizing SIEM and SOAR technologies
• Experience with cloud native architectures such as AWS, Azure, Office 365 etc.
• Have hands on experience with SIEM for detection and security orchestration and automated response (SOAR)
• Have experience with of a wide range of current network security technologies such as firewalls, proxies, network and host-based intrusion prevention, DLP, vulnerability assessment tools, security information/event management, endpoint security, anti-virus/anti-malware, etc.
• Have development/scripting experience with Python and/or PowerShell
• Experience with multiple security event detection platforms (and the ability to orchestrate those to a centralized detection platform)
• Demonstrate an ability to enable creative solutions by stimulating ideas through discussion and collaboration
• Have strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain technical ideas to non-technical individuals at any level
• Possess at least one active security certification: GCIH, GCIA, SPLUNK ECSA, ECIH or other similar certification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC). The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law. To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered “prefer not to say”). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
For Remote BXTI – Cybersecurity, Senior Security Operations Engineer roles, visit Remote BXTI – Cybersecurity, Senior Security Operations Engineer Roles
Cyber Security Consultant / Compliance Coach (Remote) at Maverc Technologies
• The Cyber Security, a Project manager is responsible for contributing to project work and delivery including analysis, design, implementation, and support of the client’s security program.
• Experience in Network, Application, or Data security is ideal.
• Your responsibilities will include facilitating the evaluation of risk or compliance readiness, as well as being involved in the remediation of solutions to reduce the client’s risk to an agreed level.
• The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded cybersecurity technologist, yet excited and willing to learn new skills, solve challenging problems and grow within our team of experts.
• Assist with assessments of clients’ IT processes, risk, controls, and compliance against the leading practice, industry, or client frameworks, and assess capability maturity, identify gaps in design and execution, and communicate issues and recommendations to engagement leads and client senior management.
• Work with the client project manager to assist in assessing, designing and implementing new IT risk and control frameworks, sustainable solutions (including applying knowledge of governance, risk, and compliance tools), operating processes, and people models to address key and evolving risks, as necessary.
• Assist in kickoff, status, and closing meetings with engagement team and client and contribute to related Maverc’s knowledge bases and internal practice development initiatives.
• A minimum of one year of experience in the field of Cyber Security and Information Risk Management
• Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university
• Cybersecurity related certification (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA) a plus
• Familiarity with other compliance frameworks such as FedRAMP, FISMA, SOC, ISO, HIPAA, HITRUST, etc.
• Ability to travel
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
For Remote Cyber Security Consultant / Compliance Coach (Remote) roles, visit Remote Cyber Security Consultant / Compliance Coach (Remote) Roles