Machine Learning Engineer III – San Francisco at KLM
Location: San Francisco
About the job Machine Learning Engineer III – San Francisco
Machine Learning Engineer III – San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
The role has 4 different levels, the client is considering candidates at all levels. The compensation will depend on what level the candidate falls into. For the lower level candidates, they must be located in the Seattle, WA area. These are the minimum expectations. GO experience is a HUGE PLUS!
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within Client. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT) which covers search, recommendation, personalization, catalogue, video transcoding, global subscriptions and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets and consoles for a large footprint of Client owned networks (Client, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Client Play, and many more). This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Client’s future.
We are hiring Senior Software Engineers to join the Personalization, Recommendation and Search team. As part of a rapidly growing team, you will own complex systems that will provide a personalized and unique experience for millions of users across over 200 countries for all the Client brands. You will be responsible for building a scalable Machine Learning platform that will be used to train, evaluate, deploy, serve and monitor ML models and to manage data. You will design complex resilient ML systems that will operate at the scale of millions of users.
You will lead by example and define the best practices, will set high standards for the entire team and for the rest of the organization. You have a successful track record for ambitious projects across cross-functional teams. You are passionate and results-oriented. You strive for technical excellence and are very hands-on. Your co-workers love working with you. You have built respect in your career through concrete accomplishments.
If you are motivated to succeed, self-driven and excited by the idea that your work will define Client’s success and the daily viewing experience for millions of users, please connect with us, we would love to chat with you!
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. 5+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, testing, maintaining, monitoring and owning scalable, resilient and distributed machine learning systems and platforms.
2. Proficiency in operating machine learning solutions at scale, covering the end-to-end ML workflow.
3. Expertise with tools and platforms commonly used for end-to-end machine learning (Kubeflow, TFX, Airflow, MLflow, …).
4. Knowledge of Feature Stores (eg Feast, Tecton).
5. Familiarity with real-world ML systems (configuration, data collection, data verification, feature extraction, resource and process management, analytics, training, serving, validation, experimentation, monitoring).
6. Knowledge of batch and streaming data processing techniques.
7. Obsession for service observability, instrumentation, monitoring and alerting.
8. Strong knowledge of AWS or similar cloud platforms.
9. Expertise with CI/CD tools (CircleCI, Jenkins or similar) to automate building, testing and deployment of the ML platform and to manage the infrastructure (Pulumi, Terraform or CloudFormation).
10. Basic understanding of ML techniques and algorithms (supervised vs. unsupervised learning, deep learning, …).
11. Familiarity with recommendation and search to personalize the experience for millions of users across million items.
12. Masters in Computer Science or related discipline.
13. Salary Expectation?
14. Work Authorization?
15. Complete Current Address?
For Remote Machine Learning Engineer III – San Francisco roles, visit Remote Machine Learning Engineer III – San Francisco Roles
Machine Learning Engineer at Varo Bank
Location: San Francisco
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
A bank for all of us.
About the AI/ML Team
The Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) engineering team at Varo is passionate about helping customers improve their financial lives with modern state-of-the-art AI and ML technology with fairness, accountability, and explainability embedded into it. You’ll join the team that improves user engagement and revenue generation by leveraging machine learning, cloud platforms and big data to combat fraud, improve member experience, create user recommendations and much more.
If you are interested in working with an impressive team of Software and Machine Learning engineers who collaborate and challenge each other and want to solve interesting problems to propel the company’s growth, apply now!
About this role
You’ll have a unique opportunity to work on researching and developing ML models and building the necessary infrastructure to deploy them. We value collaboration, ownership, growth, initiative and the importance of thinking like an engineer with the curiosity of an applied scientist. Your work will accelerate ML development as the team scales up alongside Varo’s explosive member growth.
As a Staff Machine Learning Engineer you’ll…
• Build and deploy state of the art ML models (for fraud detection, recommender systems and credit risk underwriting models) which ultimately improve user engagement and / or revenue generation.
• Leverage large data sets from different sources and use advanced modeling techniques such as decision trees, xgboost, neural networks, reinforcement learning to increase and optimize customer experiences, customer acquisition, underwriting and other business outcomes.
• Build feature pipelines / embeddings for batch and real-time data, collaborating with data engineering & data science stakeholders.
• Contribute to our ML pipeline infrastructure for model training, evaluation, and batch inference at scale.
• Work in a cross-functional capacity with the risk & fraud, data science, product and business stakeholders.
You have the following required experience…
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field & 5 years of experience involving: application of cloud technologies, infrastructure, and application of distributed systems.
• Demonstrated experience leading projects end-to-end while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field is preferred.
• Experience using and supporting machine & deep learning tools and frameworks (Keras, Tensorflow, Spark
ML, pandas, scikit-learn, etc) is a plus.
• Experience with building & deploying large scale fraud / risk models is a plus.
Technologies we use…
• AWS SageMaker, Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn, Metaflow and Apache Airflow among others on large amounts of data.
• Technologies for production serving include Java/Kotlin, AWS Sagemaker, Kubernetes/Kubeflow, Dynamo
DB, GRPC, Terraform, Grafana and many others.
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
– Customers First
– Take Ownership
– Stay Curious
– Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Engineering Blog –
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, to pay costs. Never send money to anyone…
For Remote Machine Learning Engineer roles, visit Remote Machine Learning Engineer Roles
Perception Algorithm Engineer at Summerrobotics
# About Summer Robotics
Would you like to enable machines to perform acts that were previously impossible, unlocking valuable markets?
Are you excited by the thought of building a new perceptual system based on a first principles, math and physics inspired model of the world?
Summer Robotics is reinventing perception for automated systems with an all-new vision stack. We use the latest in sensing hardware in a novel way with our signal processing pipeline, and ML-based perception algorithms to see the world 100x faster and in greater detail than can be achieved with conventional cameras and LIDARs.
We are a startup funded by successful technology entrepreneurs. We have an experienced executive team, exceptional colleagues, remote first work environment and competitive compensation. We value a diverse workforce and an open exchange of ideas. Other values we share are constant learning, first principles thinking, fearlessly exploring the unknown.
# Job Overview
We are seeking an experienced algorithms R&D engineer with a can-do attitude, deep expertise in one field, and eagerness to learn new skills.
You will be working on the core algorithms stack that is responsible for controlling our novel sensing system, extracting raw data, parsing data into our proprietary world model, geometric modeling, and high-level perceptual processing, including segmentation, tracking and classification.
– Iterate quickly on the end-to-end performance of our algorithmic stack, leveraging a wide variety of skill sets (AI, SW and HW).
– Write high performance algorithms in the domains of signal processing, computational geometry, computer graphics and measured on timescales of microseconds and milliseconds.
– Document your brilliant innovations and write them up in patent descriptions.
– Communicate your ideas with the team through code, whitepapers, graphs, charts and animations as needed.
– PhD Degree in a STEM field or equivalent experience in an R&D job
– Highly proficient in C++ 11 and beyond (our codebase is C++20), software development in Linux, git and CMake build environment.
– Experience with languages and tools such as python, shell/bash, Docker, Jenkins, AWS
– Familiarity with standard CS data structures and algorithms
– Deep expertise in 3D Geometry (particularly systems with more than 2 cameras)
## Nice to have familiarity with:
– Computer graphics
– Mathematical Optimization
– Advanced Statistical Signal Processing
For Remote Perception Algorithm Engineer roles, visit Remote Perception Algorithm Engineer Roles