Randstad USA is looking for a Ruby on Rails in Glen Allen – Apply Here!
The Software Developer (Ruby) will work in a fast-paced environment and play a key role in establishing the technology platform for the company. The development team is tasked with creating the industry leading web-based platform for risk management software. The Software Developer will work in a remote environment in a highly collaborative, self-managed team structure. Team members pride themselves in clean, testable code. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate at all levels of the organization, including design discussions with executives, partners, and potentially customers.
• Design and develop responsive web applications
• Maintain and troubleshoot applications
• Experience working in an agile or product organization
• Customer first mentality
• Work with a geographically diverse team (fully remote)
• 2-3+ years’ experience working in a Ruby on Rails development position
• PostgreSQL or relational database experience
• AWS administration or configuration required (GCP experience a plus)
• Proficient with GitHub and testing tools (Rspec a plus)
• Python, Snowflake, and Tableau experience a plus
Education and Experience
• Degree in computer science or related field
• 2-3 years working in a technology role
• Exceptional teamwork
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to work independently and in a team structure
location: Glen Allen, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 – 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
• Develop robust, scalable, and secure features
• Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
• Participate at all stages of the development lifecycle
• Implement best practices of test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring, peer reviews, and code standards
• Champion Kanban and SCRUM agile practices
• Continue to grow skillset by staying informed about relevant new technologies, while driving adoption and integration into design
• Empower self and teammates to be accountable for decisions
• Experience level: Experienced
• Minimum 2 years of experience
• Education: Bachelors
• Ruby (5 years of experience is preferred)
• DevOps (1 year of experience is preferred)
• AWS (1 year of experience is preferred)
• Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact [email protected]
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate’s education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad’s client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.