Prince George’s County, Maryland is looking for a Build Engineer in Largo – Apply Here!
Nature and Variety of Work
Special Notice: This is a REPOST — Previous applicants do not need to re-apply for this position.
Come join our team! Located minutes from downtown Washington, DC Prince George’s is the perfect family-friendly community to live, work, and play!
We are Prince George’s Proud!
Located in the heart of the Baltimore/Washington corridor, Prince George’s County borders Washington D.C. and is just 37 miles south of the city of Baltimore. Encompassing almost 500 square miles, with over 900,000 residents Prince George’s County has an urban atmosphere that still manages to provide a scenic and peaceful place to live, work, and play.
The Prince George’s County Government Department of Office of Central Services is seeking qualified applicants to fill a Building Maintenance Engineer III, grade A-16, within its Facilities Operation and Management Division.
The Building Maintenance Engineer III is responsible for mechanically work in the inspection, maintenance, repair, and operation of the most complex environmental systems in assigned County owned and leased buildings. The incumbent coordinates or directs subordinate trade and labor personnel, as well as contractors in the accomplishment of duties related to building operation in accordance with the agency’s policies, rules, and regulations. Work is performed under the general supervision of a Facilities Maintenance Supervisor or Facilities Manager.
LOCATION: 1400 McCormick Dr, Largo, MD Examples of Work
• Repair equipment within a reasonable time frame to ensure safety and comfort of occupants of assigned buildings.
• Assist management with planning, scheduling and leading subordinates and contractors in the performance of maintenance and preventive maintenance on mechanical and non-mechanical systems.
• Maintains knowledge of safety rules and regulations in trade areas. Consistently observes good safety practices in accordance with County, Maryland Occupational Safety and Health (MOSH), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
• Prepares reports and maintains records of time and materials used to complete work assignments.
• Demonstrates good knowledge of latest equipment and replacement parts.
• Willingly and cooperatively performs tasks and duties assigned which may not specifically listed in position description but are within the general category and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.
EDUCATION: Graduation from high school
EXPERICENCE: At least (2) years of experience in the maintenance/repair/installation of heating/cooling/ventilating systems with at least one (1) year at the lead/supervisory level; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provide the required knowledges, skills and abilities.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience of the assembly, adjustment, repair and installation of heating/cooling/ventilating systems.
• Ability to understand, operate, and troubleshoot Building Automated Systems (B.A.S.), Energy Management Systems (E.M.S.) and other computer-based control and monitoring systems in buildings.
• Ability to identify problems in the system to ensure early detection of breakdowns.