Peraton is looking for a UI Designer in Herndon – Apply Here!
Peraton is seeking a UI/UX Designer/Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Herndon, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Peraton’s Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA’s customers.
As part of the modernization program, the UI/UX Designer/Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of engineering activities and associated work products including user research and design exercises, product wireframe development, and prototype development following a user-centered design approach.
Day to Day Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ability to apply user-centered design solutions that satisfy both explicit and implicit requirements from various users
• Facilitate product vision by wire framing and prototyping experiences for digital products
• Conduct user research, such as requirements elicitation, field observations, heuristic evaluations, and usability testing.
• Contribute to the maturity of the ConsularOne Design System, including establishing / modifying / retiring design patterns and components
• Develop adaptive and responsive UI/UX wireframes for web-based applications using modern design tools (e.g., Axure)
• Develop UI/UX solutions that are compliant with 508 / Accessibility standards
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 5-7 years’ of experience; Master’s Degree and 3-5 years’ of experience OR 4 years’ of additional relevant experience in lieu of Degree
• Experience in developing adaptive and responsive UI/UX solutions for software development projects that specialize in web and mobile-based applications
• Experience in developing UI/UX solutions that are compliant with 508 / accessibility standards
• Experience modernizing enterprise software systems (web and mobile-based)
• Experience in conducting user research, such as requirements elicitation, field observations, heuristic evaluations, and usability testing
• Background in Agile Software Development; experienced in developing detailed user stories to include precise and descriptive acceptance criteria
• Must have a current, active Secret (or higher) clearance. An interim clearance may be acceptable
• Experience developing UI/UX solutions within an Agile SAFe environment
• Advanced knowledge and experience using Axure
• Ability to effectively articulate and support design decisions
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
Colorado Salary Minimum: $61,800
Colorado Salary Maximum: $149,900
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.