Peraton is looking for a SQL in Washington – Apply Here!
Technology is constantly changing, and our adversaries are digitally exceeding law enforcement’s ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. The Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the technical ability, tools, and resources to bring criminals to justice. In response to this challenge, Peraton is seeking a talented Database Engineer with expertise in SQL Server and Database Engineer to provide support on a law enforcement mission critical system.
• Provide SQL Server/Database development and administration support in fast moving, secure, DevOps environment.
• Provide engineering/operational maintenance and upgrades for SQL Servers, databases and a data warehouse to include: developing custom scripts to automate various database management processes, monitoring and tune the systems to achieve optimum DB/DW performance levels; developing, optimizing, and tuning stored procedures, functions, triggers, views, and queries, in support of the client’s business intelligence and analytic applications.
• Maintain and improve the database schema, database design, and transition development activities.
• Resolve various database issues, to include problems with data modeling, design, queries, security control, backup/restore, disaster recovery, and import/export data, as well as coordinate with data ingest efforts.
• Be proficient in T-SQL from development to administration.
• Use Microsoft Enterprise SQL features such Always On, SSRS, and SSIS (data warehousing).
• Support SQL development including creating and designing SSRS Reports, SSIS Packages, and Team Foundation Server with Visual Studio.
• Perform Database Design and Data Cleansing with SSIS and ETL with different data sources.
• Collaborate with the Application Development team, Testing team, other IT departments, and subject matter experts to improve database/data warehouse performance.
• Maintain and monitor third party product and custom databases.
• Conduct hardware and software audits of servers and databases to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Develop, implement, and promote standard operating procedures and schedules. Research and recommends process improvements and industry best practices.
• Schedule installations, upgrades, and patches in accordance with IT policies and procedures.
• Ensure data/media recoverability by supporting scheduled system backups and database archive operations.
• Ensure systems documentation and configuration management records are current.
• Be resourceful, a problem solver, and methodical.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and three (3) years in software development / engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
• 3 years creating complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and reports using SQL
• A current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph as needed
• Designing, engineering, and administering SQL Server or Oracle databases
• Data Modeling experience
• SSIS experience
• Microsoft PowerShell and Power-BI experience
• Knowledge of Data warehouse architecture, implementation, and O&M
• Experience with high-availability, fail overs, backups, scaling and clustering operational systems
• Splunk 8.0 or later experience
• SharePoint experience
• Service Fabric experience
• ElasticSearch experience
• Experience with leveraging Azure and/or AWS cloud services
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
For Colorado Residents
Colorado Salary Minimum: $92,600 Colorado Salary Maximum: $224,800 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.