Peraton is looking for a Spring in Herndon – Apply Here!
Peraton is seeking a Spring 2023 Employee Benefits/Human Resources Intern in support of our Corporate Benefits team based out of Herndon, VA but this role is 100% remote.
This is a part-time (~20 hours per week) position during the Spring 2023 Semester with potential to be extended beyond, if mutually beneficial.
Reports directly to the Benefits Manager and supports the employee benefits team in the following functions:
• Responds to employee questions/issues regarding employee benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.)
• Assists with life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) claims process
• Completes forms such as Medicare, state mandated Covid-19 paid time off, and benefit coverage confirmation or termination letters
• Prepares vendor invoices for payment
• Coordinates Qualified Medical Support Order (QMSO) requests with benefits administrator
• Assists with updates to employee benefits section of company intranet
• Conducts audits and reconciliations such as employee benefit payroll deductions
• Assists with other duties and special projects, as assigned
• HS Diploma and some advanced level training.
• US Citizenship is required.
• Current undergraduate pursuing a BS/BA or graduate student, Sophomore status (second year) or higher, majoring in human resources, business, risk management or related degree.
• A very high degree of personal integrity, including the ability to manage sensitive or confidential information.
• Customer focused: passionate drive to assist employees with benefits questions/issues.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Previous Internship experience and/or customer service experience preferred.
• Knowledge of employee benefits and/or human resources practices preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• 3.0 and above GPA.
• Rising senior students strongly preferred.
• strong underclassmen may also be considered.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.