Peraton is looking for a Release Manager in Herndon – Apply Here!
Peraton is seeking a Release Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Herndon, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Peraton’s Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA’s customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Plan the release of project deliverables and release life cycle.
• Communicate the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
• Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
• Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
• Track the progress and find / report issues, as needed. Engage in continuous improvement in release related processes.
• Make sure that the release is planned, according to the requirements and budget. Provide status updates of activities.
• Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
• Create plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
• Determine allocation of Release Engineers to every release.
• Communicate with release managers from different projects or organizations.
• Lead the Go-Live activities to deploy the software successfully.
• Team up with relevant development teams responsible for building the automation tools used to develop and deploy the software.
• Schedule the CAB meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and find roadblocks, if any.
• Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications, lists, and dependencies.
• Make improvements in the methodologies used for configuration management and development of software that helps to find ways to use in configuration management.
• Responsible for all communications to internal teams, government leads, and all stakeholders related to the release.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years experience or Master’s degree and 6-8 years experience OR High School and four (4) years of additional relevant experience in lieu of degree
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Minimum of two (2) years of previous release and/or project management experience
• Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, implementation, test, integration, and maintenance
• Experience managing releases for diverse environments with multiple applications and platform types
• Experience with change management process and procedures required for maintenance releases
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with demonstrated experience. preparing concept papers, briefings, status reports, and similar documents
• Must have a current, active Secret (or higher) clearance. An interim clearance may be acceptable.
• Formal training in project management practices
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
• Hands on experience troubleshooting enterprise level systems
• Hands on experience using diagnostic and monitoring tools (e.g. Splunk)
• Hands on experience with orchestration and pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins, Puppet)
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Salary Minimum: $60,000
Salary Mid: $120,000
Salary Maximum: $150,000
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.