Peraton is looking for a Release Manager in Herndon – Apply Here!
Are you ready to work on a team that supports the development of cutting edge technology? Our program provides IT-based efforts required to support DoD and the IC for technology and concept development. The DoD intelligence mission is to provide accurate, relevant, and timely data and intelligence to tactical, operational, and strategic decision makers across the COCOM, nuclear, conventional, and Special Operations Forces. Decision superiority is the competitive advantage, enabled by an ongoing situational awareness that allows commanders and their forces to make informed decisions and implement them as fast and effectively as the situation warrants. Decision superiority is about improving the ability to observe, orient, decide, and act faster and more effectively than the adversary.
As Release Manager, the selected candidate will oversee the complete software delivery lifecycle. This includes working with the team from the planning phase to the deployment phase through the development and testing phases. This non-technical position requires strong communication skills, interacting with multiple people throughout the development lifecycle
• Create and manage the schedule
• Manage parallel release schedules
• Coordinate activities across multiple teams
• Manage the Service Central schedules, updating dates and statuses
• Work with the technical leads to complete the Change Description Document (CDD)
• Coordinate the completion of required deliverables (i.e. IATT, User’s Guide, System Installation Procedure, Function Test Procedure, etc)
• Coordinate with the ISSOs to ensure the Xacta work is completed on time
• Anticipate blockers and assist with mitigation strategies
• Coordinate activities with the government PMs to generate the required artifacts in Service Central (Demand, Program, Project, Change Request)
• Coordinate with the government Configuration Management organization to ensure the materials are complete
• Oversee the deployment activities (i.e. generate Change Request, monitor the approval process, coordinate deployment team, complete the After Action Report)
BS 8-10, MS 6-8, PhD 3-5
• A Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree with 7 years of relevant experience OR a PhD with 4 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of experience maybe considered in lieu of the degree requirement
• Systems Engineering experience
• Experience developing and managing schedules
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Full SDLC experience
• TS/ SCI with poly
• Familiarity with Service Central
• Familiarity with the DIA Configuration Management process
• Familiarity with the DIA DevSecOps and RMF+ process is
• Full SDLC experience across multiple environments and networks
• Agile and SAFe experience
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
For Colorado Residents: Colorado Salary Minimum: $81,000 Colorado Salary Maximum: $196,600 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.