Peraton is looking for a Information Security Analyst in Arlington – Apply Here!
As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets.
Peraton is currently seeking a Cyber Network Security Analyst for its’ Federal Strategic Cyber program in Arlington, VA.
Location: Arlington, VA; Pensacola, FL may be a possibility as well.
• Perform technical analysis on a wide range of cybersecurity issues, with a focus on network activity and data; this includes, but is not limited to network flow (i.e., NetFlow) or related forms of session summary data, signature-based IDS alert/event data, full packet capture (PCAP) data, proxy, and application server logs (various types).
• Triage IDS alerts, collect related data from various network analysis systems, review available open and closed source information on related threats & vulnerabilities, diagnose observed activity for likelihood of system infection, compromise, or unintended/high-risk exposure.
• Prepare analysis reports detailing background, observables, analysis process & criteria, and conclusions.
• Analyze large volumes of network flow data for specific patterns/characteristics or general anomalies, to trend network activity and to correlate flow data with other types of data or reporting regarding enterprise-wide network activity.
• Leverage lightweight programming/scripting skills to automate data-parsing and simple analytics. Document key event details and analytic findings in analysis reports and incident management systems. Identify, extract, and characterize network indicators from cyber threat intelligence sources, incident reporting and published technical advisories/bulletins.
• Assess cyber indicators/observables for technical relevance, accuracy, and potential value/risk/reliability in monitoring systems. Recommend detection and prevention/mitigation signatures and actions as part of a layered defensive strategy leveraging multiple capabilities and data types.
• Develop IDS signatures, test, and tune signature syntax, deploy signatures to operational sensors, and monitor and tune signature and sensor performance.
• Fuse open-source threat & vulnerability information with data collected from sensors across the enterprise into cohesive and comprehensive analysis.
• Provide technical assessments of cyber threats and vulnerabilities. Communicate and collaborate with analysts from other SOC organizations to investigate cyber events. Produce final reports and review incident reports from junior analysts. Monitor and report on trends and activity on network sensor platforms. Produce and update technical analysis documentation (processes, procedures, analysis criteria, report templates, etc.).
• BS 5-7 Years, MS 3-5, PhD 0-2
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years related technical experience required, or a Masters degree and 3 years. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Working knowledge of security concepts, protocols, processes, architectures and tools (vulnerabilities, threats and exploitation, authentication & access control technologies, threat intelligence data and sources, WHOIS and DNS referential data and sources, intrusion detection/prevention capabilities, network traffic analysis, SIM technology, incident handling, media/malware analysis, etc.).
• Working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and architectures (OSI-model, TCP/IP, major application protocols such as DNS/HTTP/SMTP, LAN/WANs, VPNs, routers/routing, addressing, etc.).
• Detailed knowledge of intrusion detection engines, capabilities and signature formats in general, with a specific focus on Snort/Sourcefire variations and regular expressions (REGEX).
• Knowledge of cyber policy & issues, the global cyber community, roles of major organizations how they interrelate and interact, and challenges in these structures.
• Demonstrated awareness of the common cyber products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and a comprehensive understanding of the disciplines of cybersecurity.
• Demonstrated ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet iterative deadlines.
• Active Top Secret Security clearance with SCI eligibility is required.
• In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Salary Minimum: $57,500
Salary Mid: $115,000
Salary Maximum: $143,800
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.