Peraton is looking for a Cloud Software Engineer in South Laurel – Apply Here!
This opening is for a recently awarded 5 year program that delivers a wide set of capabilities across the enterprise to include data management, data delivery, high ingest rate cloud architectures, and analytic platforms.
The Cloud Software Engineer III provides cloud software research, development, and engineering services to include requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, sustainment, testing, validation, and issue diagnosis/resolution.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience. A Master’s degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience. NOTE: A degree in Mathematics, Information Systems, Engineering, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.
• Eight (8) years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution and at least six (6) years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++
• Ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
• Work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.), the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), with Serialization (JSON and/or BSON), and Restful services
• At least five (5) years of experience developing software for UNIX/Linux/RH operating systems and in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts
• Hadoop /Cloud Developer Certification or comparable Cloud System/Service Certification
• Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment; developing and deploying data driven analytics; event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines
• Active TS/SCI security clearance with a current polygraph is requiredPreferred Qualifications
• Understanding of Big-Data Cloud Scalability (Amazon, Google, Facebook)
• Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
• Experience developing and deploying: analytics that include foreign language processing; analytic processes that incorporate/integrate multi-media technologies, including speech, text, image and video exploitation; analytics that function on massive data sets; analytics that employ semantic relationships (i.e., inference engines) between structured and unstructured data sets; analytics that identify latent patterns between elements of massive data sets; analytics that employ techniques commonly associated with Artificial Intelligence
• Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills
• Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover and exploit social networks
• Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications
• Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment#MPOJobs
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Salary Minimum: $72,500
Salary Mid: $145,000
Salary Maximum: $181,300
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.