Parsons is looking for a DevOps Engineer in Quantico – Apply Here!
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented DevOps Engineer (with a specific focus on Kafka and Elastic) to join our team!
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Approve/disapprove and/or respond to account requests such as Confluent Kafka operational user support
• Operationally assist users by working closely with the engineering and development teams to resolve issues as required. This includes providing support to personnel at all levels, from site level users to cyber policy makers.
• Troubleshoot any issues with the engineering and developments teams.
• Provide Tier 1-2 customer support to operations users, including the review and maintaining of user guides and training material.
• Provide training to users via telephone, DCS/teams demonstration, and/or in person training sessions.
• Provide ad hoc user and programmatic support tasking by assisting in data calls and/or project documentation.
• Assist with the on-boarding of required log sources into Confluent Kafka.
• Produce a cluster data retention configuration and the accompanying documentation for the data retention strategy.
• Apply STIG mitigations to system components to meet required security requirements. Configure and enforce RBAC for Confluent Kafka administration.
• Conduct engineering analysis to identify, document and design optimal infrastructure and architectural approaches for Elastic Stack development and production environments.
• Maintain Elastic Stack deployment installed on RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), including tuning memory and processor quotas, allocating persistent volumes, monitoring node performance, applying system patches and updates.
• Build and update RHEL for all Elastic Stack instances, utilize Ansible to automate integration, testing, and deployment to RHEL as required.
• Tune and analyze Elastic Stack cluster performance, manage Elastic Stack cluster shards to support a highly available system within the configured hardware pod.
• Implement log aggregation and monitoring to provide meaningful insight using Elastic Stack system using a combination of analytics (chained alerts) and visualization using Kibana.
• Bring additional log sources from Confluent Kafka into Elastic Search as required. In addition to the additional log sources, configure cross-cluster search.
• Assist in the enterprise adoption of the SIEM functionality within Elastic stack, specifically leveraging APIs for seamless integration with the tool.
• Utilize RHEL Satellite Server to automate software installations, upgrades and security patching.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
• DoD Secret Clearance
• Experience with creating, scaling, and partitioning Kafka Topics
• Experience with configuring, monitoring, and performance tuning Kafka clusters
• 2+ years software development experience using ElasticSearch
• Experience with ElasticSearch index tuning and schema development for query optimization
• Experience designing, configuring, monitoring, and performance tuning of large ElasticSearch clusters processing Terabytes to Petabytes of data
• Experience with managing data for caching, backup, and archival for large ElasticSearch clusters
• Experience with resolving ElasticSearch cluster issues and data recovery
• Minimum of 2 years System Administration experience
• At least 5 years Software Engineering experience, or 5 years of relevant Database Engineering, Software Engineering, and/or Systems Engineering experience
• Experience with Linux system administration (such as RHEL/CentOS/Rocky)
• Experience with Kubernetes orchestration technology
• Experience with Linux containerization technologies such as Docker
• Experience with Linux scripting (Bash, Python, or equivalent)
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with distributed platforms, such as HDFS, Accumulo, Zookeeper
• Experience with enterprise database optimization (Accumulo, PostgreSQL, Mongo, etc)
• Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• Experience with GitLab and DevSecOps solutions on closed networks
• Experience with security and authentication technologies (Oauth2, IdP, LDAP, PKI)
• Understanding of common networking concepts such as protocols, routing, and firewall
• Experience with the Big Data Platform
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation’s most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
$98,800.00 – $172,900.00
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest-APPLY TODAY!