MissionSquare Retirement is looking for a Network Security Engineer in Washington – Apply Here!
Be at a great place to work with MissionSquare Retirement, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, MissionSquare Retirement was founded to provide portable retirement benefits for city and county managers, enabling accumulated retirement assets to be transferred between employers. Today, MissionSquare Retirement serves more than 1.5 million participant accounts, and more than 9,000 retirement plans across the country. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining MissionSquare Retirement’s Technology Team.
Essential Functions For This Role Include
• Handle day-to-day implementation, monitoring and operational support of network security solutions, hardware, software, managed security solutions and service provider relationships.
• Actively participate and lead security team meetings that facilitate secure design.
• Engage in information security projects that evaluate existing security infrastructure and propose changes as defined by security leadership and architects. Additionally, deliver projects on time, within budget and in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs).
• Assist with incident response and system stability issues as they occur. This may include involvement outside of regular work hours, and responsiveness is expected.
• Work in tandem with architects, the security operations center (SOC), incident responders (in cases of anomalous activity and host compromise), and technology infrastructure team members.
• Respond to and handle service and escalation tickets within SLA expectations.
• Develop security architectural design. Identify deficiencies and make enhancements to ensure production is not impacted.
• Research, validate and deploy solutions meeting security and business needs
• Focus on driving security efficiencies, enabling security team members to work on more advanced tasks.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• Preferably at least 5+ years’ experience in cyber security, including compliance and risk management with a system and network security engineering background.
• The following credentials preferred:
• CompTIA Security+ Professional (Security +)
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP)
• GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
• Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
• Highly technical and analytical expertise, with a proven deep background (preferred 5+ years’ IT experience in addition to cyber security) in technology design, implementation and delivery.
• Skilled in design and configuration of large-scale voice and/or data networking infrastructures (e.g., Routers, Firewalls, VPN’s, Servers, VoIP technologies, switches, telecommunications facilities), and network security devices (e.g., Firewall, Proxy’s, IDS).
• Experience in cloud computing technologies, including software-, infrastructure and platform-as-a-service, as well as public, private, and hybrid environments.
• Extensive knowledge of traditional security controls and technologies, such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), virtual private network (VPN) systems, Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) systems, Internet proxy/web security gateway systems, wireless network security systems, antivirus and firewalls, in addition to newer offerings such as endpoint detection and response (EDR), threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration.
• Excellence in communicating business risk from cyber security issues.
• Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively.
• In real-world knowledge of defense-in-depth methodology of network security including familiarity with subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP and other network routing methods.
• Knowledge of network architectures, current networking technologies and features, security requirements, application features, and other security issues.
• Firewall and VPN Management, Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDS/IPS)
• Web Security Gateway (WSG), Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
• Vulnerability Management
• Security/Penetration Testing
• Client-facing presentations skills and the ability to articulate requirements, findings, and guidance to personnel of various levels.
To benefit your career and support your wellbeing, we offer:
• Competitive Total Rewards (compensation and benefits) package, including 401(k) Plan with matching contributions
• Varied incentive plans
• Flexible/Hybrid work schedules
• Wellness programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional and career development courses
• Mentoring programs
• Volunteerism program
As a company, MissionSquare Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create an environment that reflects the value and diversity of our employees and fosters respect among them. We believe that talent from diverse backgrounds will further enhance our ability, and mission, to serve those who serve their communities.