Merit321, Launching Careers is looking for a Cloud Software Engineer in Sykesville – Apply Here!
Position: Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Linthicum Heights, MD (Hybrid)
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Software Engineer specializing in AWS. Will be responsible for engineering, architecting, and migration of Cloud-based applications and infrastructure. Needs to have customer service skills as will be interacting with government customer and supporting the technical lead. Work is in a hybrid role in Linthicum Heights, MD. The office will be migrating to Columbia, MD later this summer.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Candidate will develop strategic and implementation plans for information systems.
• Working with the development team and other engineers will conduct System Analysis of complex operational software systems to include troubleshooting and problem-solving.
• Must be able to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long-term requirements.
• Security Clearance: A current U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. Candidates with a PLACEMENT MANAGER/SCI are a big plus.
• 15+ years of Cloud Engineering including operations, management, design, and development of cloud-based applications and capabilities with a Bachelors in related field; 13 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 19 years relevant experience.
• 5+ years experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Must have experience automating cloud configuration using tooling such as Terraform, AWS Config, Ansible, etc.
• Work autonomously, actively identifying areas for improvement.
• Able to collaborate with existing platform architects on long term and strategic architectural changes to platform.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with customers both technical and non-technical.
• Must be able to work a hybrid schedule at home and some visits to our main office out of Linthicum Heights, MD. Note the office is moving to Columbia, MD later this summer.
• Candidates with a PLACEMENT MANAGER/SCI security clearance are a big plus.
• Any of the following AWS Certifications are highly desired:
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
• AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
• AWS Certified Security – Specialty
• AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty
• AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
• AWS Certified Developer – Associate
• AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
• Designing, building, and managing infrastructure configured according to the DoD Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA) and DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (DoD CC SRG)
• Experience with Python or Java is a big plus.
It is the policy of Merit321 to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.