MCR, LLC is looking for a Cloud Automation Engineer in McLean – Apply Here!
Cloud Automation Engineer
US | US-CA-El Segundo
Security Clearance Requirement
Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) delivers high-impact, technical solutions to complex national security issues. As we enter our 50th year in business, we remain committed to our reputation of continuous innovation for government customers, both long-established and newly acquired, as our capabilities expand around the globe. Our work is state-of-the-art and made possible only through the best personnel, tools, and jobs in the national security business. We are highly collaborative in spirit and practice, and we freely share expertise across SPA in our quest to deliver enduring solutions for our customers most critical concerns. Come work with the best
SPA provides multiple organizations within the Department of Defense with timely and objective assessments, recommendations, and solutions – driven by integrated technical, operational, programmatic, policy, and business analyses. We focus on key clients in the space community, including Space Force’s Space Systems Command (SSC). Our goal is to consistently deliver and execute data-driven solutions that align with the SSC mission and strategic vision.
SPA has a near-term need for a Cloud Automation Engineer.
If you are passionate about eliminating toil, reducing the cycle time, and continuously improving for greater efficiency, this Cloud Automation Engineer role is for you.
As a Cloud Automation Engineer at SPA, you will support SSC’s Software Factory, also known as Kobayashi Maru. Kobayashi Maru is responsible for continuously delivering impactful software for space operations. The Factory’s mission includes the development and deployment of software for space defense, space domain awareness, and enabling data services.
You will become an integral member of Kobayashi Maru’s Infrastructure as Code (IaC) team responsible for developing, deploying, and maintaining a fully automated, reliable, and secure cloud-native platform to support the ‘path to production’ for space applications, while becoming the platform of choice for SSC.
The IaC team operates within an Agile framework including daily stand up, short feedback loops, sprint/iteration planning, duration planning, retrospectives, executing from the product backlog and roadmap, meeting performance metrics, and reporting on progress and blockers. The IaC team is completely customer-oriented and strives to exceed service level agreements, specifications, and parameters.
The ideal candidate should be 100% “roll up your sleeves, hands on keyboard” to ensure fully automated, highly reliable, and seamless delivery of cloud services. This is a remote position, but you will be expected to work onsite with the Government customer in El Segundo, CA at least 2-3 days per month and travel 1-2 times a quarter to either Vandenberg Space Force Base or Colorado Springs, CO due to the occasional need to access secure networks. Candidates must be within driving distance to El Segundo.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Focusing on developing and maintaining software that automates processes and workflows that allow the cloud infrastructure to function and scale easily and cost effectively;
• Design and implement new automated features and services on top of the cloud infrastructure to completely unlock the maximum capabilities of the cloud;
• Enable Kobayashi Maru to make flawless use of their cloud resources through automated execution of installations, configurations, and management of the infrastructure in Microsoft Azure;
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled automation in support of the entire Kobayashi Maru tech stack and infrastructure;
• With automation and an ‘everything as code’ mentality, you will help mature and deliver Kobayashi Maru’s cloud infrastructure supporting 14 software product teams and thousands of users across the test, IL4 development, IL6 staging/production, and higher classification level stagging/production environments;
• Work collaboratively with the team in achieving the goals, objectives, and deadlines set by the Government Platform and Infrastructure Portfolio Lead, Chief Technology Officer, and the Infrastructure as Code Product Manager.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• U.S. Citizenship
• Minimum 6 years of professional experience as a Cloud Engineer with an emphasis in automating infrastructure for mid to large enterprises
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, STEM, or IT from an accredited institution
• High proficiency with scripting
• Strong familiarity with Terraform and Ansible
• Your resume must demonstrate experience:
• Developing software that uses automation tools for Microsoft Azure cloud services
• Creating scripts and tools to automate repetitive tasks in the cloud environment
• Designing, developing, and implementing solutions that improve efficiency and reduce costs through virtualization, automation, and storage management
• Developing and modifying code to automate tasks to meet customer requirements
• Analyzing infrastructure operations and designing new solutions to improve efficiency and reduce cost
• Building and managing complex cloud environments in Microsoft Azure, including security measures for encryption, authorization, and protocols
• Monitoring system performance, conducting capacity planning, identifying trends, and providing recommendations to improve service levels via automation
• Performing Linux customizations to meet customer needs
• Working closely with software development teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Using Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, and Bicep
• Possession of a current Secret Clearance
• Possession of a current Microsoft Azure certification
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.