Marriott International is looking for a Cloud network Engineer in Bethesda – Apply Here!
Job Number 22176239
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Marriott’s Data Center & Cloud Networks team is a fast-paced and innovative group that builds network infrastructure to connect hotel guests, properties, and partners. Our cloud data centers host applications such as the Marriott Bonvoy reservations and rewards programs. We are a rapidly growing team that provides the opportunity for autonomy and growth!
Reporting into the Senior Director, Data Center & Cloud Networks, the Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing optimal LAN and WAN networks comprising of routers, switches, firewalls, and load-balancers. This includes networks in data centers, corporate offices, and third-party co-location PoP sites all which host applications and interconnect hotel properties, users, systems, partners, vendors, and public/private cloud networks with a focus on disaster recovery. This role has a heavy emphasis on managing firewalls including segmentation, DMZs, remote access, and overall policy/rules management.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Manage Data Center & Cloud Networks products and solutions, including the design, low level engineering, and delivery of new hardware systems for Marriott applications across the cloud and datacenter network
• Approve and oversee projects to implement and maintain services while meeting deadlines
• Manage vendors to meet obligations for engineering design, network implementation, and technical support service delivery and service restoration
• Continuously improve operations processes, develop, and present best practices, technical concepts and technologies for innovative Data Center & Cloud Networks solutions
• Contribute input to help manage project schedules, risks, and costs
• Train and/or mentor other team members and peers, as appropriate
• Establish cross-team relationships across Marriott to help define services and meet service level requirements
• Serve as an escalation point to resolve service delivery and operational issues
• Identify opportunities to enhance the service delivery processes
• Follow all defined standards and processes (e.g. IT Governance, SM&G, and Architecture)
• Provide input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
• Maintain a proper balance between business and operational risk
• Follow the defined project management and/or standards and processes
Additional duties as may be assigned
• 7+ years of network engineering or development experience
• 5+ years of experience in an IT infrastructure lead role including areas of routing protocols, switch fabric technology, firewall security, and load-balancing architecture
• Expertise in Palo Alto and Check Point firewalls
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related OR equivalent total years of experience and/or certification
• Deep technical knowledge inclusive of network routing protocols (BGP), subnetting, network ARPs and traceroute
• Experience in technical writing and delivering written document pertaining to network solutions and diagrams
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related
• Certification such as CCIE, CCNP, PCNSE, CCSA, CCSE or AWS Certified Advanced Networking
• F5 LTM and GTM engineering and troubleshooting expertise
• Strong influencing skills and an ability to overcome barriers while driving change through collaboration
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
At Marriott, we are committed to putting our associates first and their health and safety are our highest priorities. This position requires associates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per current CDC standards or approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?