ManTech International is looking for a Data Architect in Chantilly – Apply Here!
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Join the top Information Technology and Analytic professionals in the industry to make invaluable contributions to our national security on a daily basis. In this innovative, self-contained, Big Data environment, the ManTech team is responsible for everything from infrastructure, to application development, to data science, to advanced analytics and beyond. The team is diverse, the questions are thought-provoking, and the opportunities for growth and advancement are numerous.
We are currently looking for a Data Architect to join our team in Chantilly, VA. In this role, you will work with the Sponsor, Data Layer engineering teams, fellow architects, and teams across the department to architect and design data layer solutions that successfully balance mission, technical, and security requirements.
• Collaborating with technical teams, fellow architects, analytic stakeholders, and Sponsor management to architect, design, and lead the development and deployment of data layer solutions
• Ensuring the data layer solution is continuously optimized and able to fully satisfy analytic mission requirements as rapidly and efficiently as possible
• Developing and documenting architectural guidance, interface designs, etc. for data layer engineering teams
• Assessing the feasibility of software systems designs/plans, and assuring alignment with established mission requirements and security mandates
• Analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for data flows, processes, hardware and software environments, network connectivity, system interfaces, and security controls
• Communicating technical assessments, proposals, and alternatives to both technical and non-technical audiences, including senior management
• Overseeing the design and development of custom solutions, or the evaluation, selection, and implementation of COTS solutions
• Monitoring current and emerging technologies and industry trends to present technical recommendations to senior management and technical teams
• Designing, programming/developing, and modifying software systems and tools, both existing and potentially new in the future (i.e. hands-on development work)
• Bachelors degree or equivalent years experience
• Significant experience leading increasingly complex data architecture projects
• Significant experience with all of the following technologies: Oracle, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, SQL, Java, Linux
• 9 years or more of relevant experience
• Significant hands-on data parsing and development experience with the required technologies
• Strong experience with the full data lifecycle, from ingest through display, in Big Data environments
• Demonstrated ability to effectively diagnose, isolate, and resolve complex issues pertaining to data, security, engineering, and architecture in enterprise-size mission environments
• Familiarity with standards and data issues in enterprise-size environments
• Exceptional ability to manage competing priorities and communication to multiple stakeholders
• Familiarity with multiple data management, content management, and knowledge management solutions
• Experience with AWS in the Sponsor’s environment
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Use hands to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server closet
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license.The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech’s Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer – minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech’s utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click [email protected] and provide your name and contact information.