Leidos is looking for a Data Scientist in Herndon – Apply Here!
Leidos has a career opportunity for a mid-level Data Scientist with a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. This is a challenging opportunity for an intelligence IT professional to join a high performance team developing and administering leading edge software systems. Must be able to work on-site. Remote/hybrid work is not available for this position. Work hours are flexible.
Some OCONUS and CONUS travel may be required
• Involved in the analysis of unstructured and semi-structured data, including latent semantic indexing (LSI), entity identification and tagging, complex event processing (CEP), and the application of analysis algorithms on distributed, clustered, and cloud-based high-performance infrastructures.
• Exercises creativity in applying non-traditional approaches to large-scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high-value use cases visualized through multi-dimensional interfaces.
• Handle processing and index requests against high-volume collections of data and high-velocity data streams.
• Has the ability to make discoveries in the world of big data.
• Requires strong technical and computational skills – engineering, physics, mathematics, coupled with the ability to code design, develop, and deploy sophisticated applications using advanced unstructured and semi-structured data analysis techniques and utilizing high-performance computing environments.
• Has the ability to utilize advance tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
• Experience with software development, either an open-source enterprise software development stack (Java/Linux/Ruby/Python) or a Windows development stack (.NET, C#, C++).
• Experience with data transport and transformation APIs and technologies such as JSON, XML, XSLT, JDBC, SOAP and REST.
• Experience with Cloud-based data analysis tools including Hadoop and Mahout, Acumulo, Hive, Impala, Pig, and similar. Experience with visual analytic tools like Microsoft Pivot, Palantir, or Visual Analytics.
• Experience with open source textual processing such as Lucene, Sphinx, Nutch or Solr.
• Experience with entity extraction and conceptual search technologies such as LSI, LDA, etc. Experience with machine learning, algorithm analysis, and data clustering.
• Bachelor’s degree in applicable field applicable to the position.
• 8 or more years of relevant experience required. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience with Python scripting, Pandas, Excel
• Experience with Jupyter Notebooks
• Experience with Data Analysis, Engineering and Enrichment
• Strong testing and verification skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high visibility environment
• Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Good communication and problem solving skills
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment
• TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
• Security+ or other IAT II/III level certification
• ArcGIS automation and modeling
• Experience with SAFEHOUSE web GIS platform
Pay Range: Pay Range $94,250.00 – $145,000.00 – $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.