Leidos is looking for a AR/VR in Reston – Apply Here!
R-00096587 Description Job Description : The Mixed Reality Software Engineer (A ugmented Reality / Virtual Reality), with good understanding of 3D environments, will be using their hands-on experience in a multi-year development project to develop 3D applications for HTC VIVE / Oculus and augmented-reality application targeting the Microsoft HoloLens 2.
0 headset. Specific skills required include a deep knowledge of building out large-scale environments in Unity, in a scalable way.
The person we are looking for is highly motivated to deliver solutions to customers by working collaboratively with PMs, Designers and the rest of the engineering team to implement best in class features and help define 3D development architecture. Role & Responsibility :
• Architect, develop, deploy, and maintain features for AR / VR / MR applications
• Building 3D model preparation pipelines to convert CAD models to triangulated meshes
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
• Collaborate with teams of developers, participating in regular code reviews.
• Perform integration testing as well as collaborating with other internal teams.
• Communicate with project customers or end users in order to fully understand, plan, and implement feedback and feature requests.
• Stay current on latest features and practices of Unity and other 3D development platforms. Requirements & Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or software engineering with 8+ years’ experience.
• 4+ years of professional experience in Unity, Unreal, or other 3D development.
• Experience developing interactive applications for virtual reality and / or mixed reality (e.g. HoloLens / Magic Leap)
• Proficiency with Unity / Unreal packages, systems and workflows (Addressable, URP, DOTS)
• Knowledge of Scrum / Agile development framework.
• Experience working with cloud computing platforms such as AWS.
• Experience with implementing and maintaining unit testing.
• Proficiency with Git or comparable version control system.
• Knowledge of 3D modeling software (Blender, Maya, etc.) and ability to manipulate 3D geometry
• Mentor and act as a role model for junior and intermediate developers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Security Clearance :
• Candidate must possess an active TS / SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS / SCI w / Poly level clearance.
Pay Range : Pay Range – – The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Last updated : 2022-12-05