Leidos Inc is looking for a C# Developer in Reston – Apply Here!
Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is seeking an C# Software Developer to join our multi-disciplinary engineering team in support of our cross-platform applications.
Local candidates preferred (Vista, CA) but will consider full remote/telework candidates. Full remote/telework candidates must be open to occasional travel to Vista, CA. (2x annually)
As a Software Engineer on our diverse and collaborative team, you will work alongside our expert Scientists and Engineers, contributing to cutting edge technology with global impact on security detection. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill software development – you’ll be honing your engineering skills with embedded products, real-time programming, and object oriented design, all with the support of a management team focused on your professional growth and advancement.
• Work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and maintain cargo inspection detection systems for the Ports and Borders group at Leidos.
• Your role will be to modernize a product and port the legacy C++ code to C#.
• You will develop software following the company’s Agile processes and coding standards for new and existing products.
• Interact with Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Scientists to develop code that is consistent with customer requirements.
• Utilize object oriented design principals, practices, and patterns to ensure our code base is reusable and maintainable.
• Use TDD to ensure the code base is tested and to enable refactoring in the future.
• Be proactive in leading group design discussions and/or grabbing another developer to pair program on non-trivial features/code.
• Report project status and issues to management as required. Evaluate customer problems, troubleshoot and assist Field Service Engineers, and help customers through problem resolution utilizing effective written and verbal communication skills.
• BS Degree and 5+ years of overall programming experience.
• Must have a strong programming background with at least 3 years of production product development experience in C#. Proficient in C++, templates and STL.
• Must have strong object oriented design skills (OOD).
• Must be open to using Agile methodologies and practices.
• Must be able to create design documentation, requirements specifications, and other technical documentation.
• Must have strong troubleshooting/bug fixing skills.
• You must be able to work and communicate proactively and effectively in a small cross-functional development team environment.
• Experience with Agile SW practices, particularly TDD.
• Familiarity with OO design patterns, design of loosely coupled extensible architectures.
• Experience identifying code smells and utilizing refactoring techniques to reduce entropy in the code base.
• Experience with a documented form of design such as UML.
• Experience with revision control (e.g. Git) and Agile software process experience (e.g. SCRUM), Multi-threading, TCP/IP networking, bus architectures, Web Services, Visual Studio, ‘C++’, and SQL Server, interfacing with real-time/embedded systems, image processing, TFS and Azure Dev Ops.
TheSecurity Enterprise Solutions (SES) Operationis the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security solutions for aviation, ports, borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world. With our new, combined portfolio, our operation has more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leveraging this portfolio, our core technical strengths, and robust R&D initiatives, we are positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
SES is comprised of three divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
• Aviation Solutions
• Ports & Borders
• Global Services
Check out this link to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation.
Pay Range:Pay Range –
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.