Lafayette Federal Credit Union is looking for a Data Analyst in Rockville – Apply Here!
Lafayette Federal Credit Union is seeking smart, organized, energetic and responsible person to join our growing organization to provide analytical support for finance department. This position requires flexibility, a strong work ethic, and a sense of humor. The successful candidate will serve as a key influencer and champion for the use and management of information and analytics to drive and measure company performance and actionable insights for use in daily and strategic decision-making.
• Collaborate with various departments and senior management to enable the vision and delivery of a data-driven organization
· Coordinate with IT department to manage databases and input information, data, and records
• Work closely with Accounting and Finance team to perform advanced analytics and research on financial data
• Using statistical practices, analyze current and historical data to make predictions, identify risks, and opportunities, enabling better decisions on planned/future events
• Design, develop and maintain various KPIs and dashboards
• Research and gather market information and provide analysis
• Attend company functions and networking events, if required to do so
Competencies we’re looking for in this role:
• Self-starterCritical Thinking
• Problem solving
Qualified candidates will have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, data science, mathematics, or related fields. Advanced degree preferred.
• Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
· Excellent analytical capabilities and understanding of financial concepts and products.
• Understanding of data visualization, its application to finance, the various tools available, and the skills needed to effectively tell the story.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, especially while managing multiple projects under time constraints.
· A positive attitude and be able to enjoy a team environment while still being able to work independently.
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• Strong technical skill and Experience using data and analytic tools such as: Tableau, SQL, VBA or Python.
• Additional programming or technical certification preferred
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open cabinets.
• This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
• This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the computer.
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Lafayette Federal Credit Union is committed to the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, and members. As such, we will require that all newly hired members of our team be COVID vaccinated (including the booster if eligible) two weeks prior to their first day of work.
• Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Company DescriptionLafayette Federal is not only a great place to bank, but a great place to work too. As an institution, we are committed to the success of each employee and the betterment of our community. We are proud of our competitive pay and attractive benefits package that provides those with Lafayette Federal careers the resources needed to manage their health, promote their well-being, and help plan an exciting future.
Why work at Lafayette Federal?
When you choose a Lafayette Federal career, you choose to work in an environment where member focus is our bread-and-butter. We have a stable presence in the Washington Metropolitan area, a tenacious spirit and a genuine love for what we do — serving our members. If you seek a career in banking, our job openings offer you an excellent chance to learn and advance. We are a strong organization, poised for growth, and we are constantly broadening our reach.
We believe an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace reflects the communities we serve and leads to fresh ideas. Valuing diversity extends to the recruitment and ongoing engagement of employees to member cultivation. It’s part of who we are.
Consider a Lafayette Federal career if you want:
– An opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our members
– A chance to work with some of the best minds in banking today
– A forward-thinking benefits plan and competitive pay
– An environment that values differences in people
We are committed to maintaining an attractive benefits package that gives those with Lafayette Federal careers the resources they need to effectively manage their health, promote their well-being and help plan an exciting future.
Here at LFCU we offer:
– 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit-sharing
– Generous Paid Time Off Package
– Competitive Group Health Insurance including Dental and Vision for Single and Family Coverage
– Flexible Spending Account
– Health Savings Account with Employer Funding
– Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
– Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
– Commuter Benefits
– Educational Assistance
– And More!
In addition to the benefits listed above‚ LFCU fosters a great work environment. Just ask our employees!
• Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. *