Jobot is looking for a UI Designer in Annapolis – Apply Here!
Startup tech consulting shop is looking for a User Experience Designer with Polygraph!
This Jobot Job is hosted by Caitlin Johnson
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button and sending us your resume.
Salary $90,000 – $140,000 per year
A Bit About Us
Our team of talented individuals has a surprisingly wide range of abilities. We encourage those abilities in a variety of ways. We feel that we are enablers in our hearts. Put simply, at our core, our team helps our clients achieve repeatable, results oriented goals. We have helped further our clients capabilities all over the world. Though we’re primarily a software engineering services company, we’ve aided in the creation of hardware, built full rack server assemblies, aided in security, administration, program management, created multi-million dollar proposals, and much more.
What You Will Do
Build and enhance high-visibility, collaborative web application tools used in the day-to-day Cyber missions, throughout the customer and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC). Your work will integrate cyber mission workflows and enable data to be updated and shared in real-time and will help drive more informed and timely decisions in matters of national security.
You will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development and analytic technologies.
Thus far, our team has created
• A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC.
• Cognitive Data Models to develop data transformations for easier consumption into the UI.
• A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile data in a sandbox setting and updates real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations.
• An analyst tool that enables users to quickly capture, document and access information.
A Day in the Life (Just a Few of the Things You Will Do)
• Stay at the forefront of data visualization by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a fit.
• Designing high-fidelity mockups using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
• Creating design artifacts, workflow diagrams, low-fidelity mockups, wireframes, static and functional prototypes that supplement the high-fidelity mockups
• Participate in usability testing to ensure applications meet 508 accessibility compliance
• Participate in design review sessions, explain design concepts and decisions to creative director, development teams, product owners and stakeholders
• Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level UX designers, developers, and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
• High level of collaboration with multiple product teams to design detailed web application workflows to streamline our customer’s mission. Working closely with mission and users to identify trends with from the user’s perspective.
• Provide support to software engineering teams to design modernized analyst web-based workspaces for tasks related to knowledge outputs from source systems.
• Understand and follow user experience design processes, standards, and best practices
• Communicate on a regular basis with creative director, product owners, development teams and stakeholders
Why join us?
• 100% Covered Health Insurance
• life insurance, short term and long term disability
• 401(k) matching
• Dental & Vision insurance
• Generous PTO, Paid Sick, Vacation, and Holiday
• Relocation Bonus
• Tuition reimbursement & Continued Education programs
• Health savings account
• Parental leave
• Retirement plan
• Identity Protection
Taking a break and keeping in touch can be hard in any climate. When you love what you do and deliver the best, you’re in the zone! We have regular team get togethers to keep up with ongoings and we all get to take a moment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR Eight (8) years of WD experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• Six (6) years of design experience with two (2) of those years being within UX experience function
• Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
• Experience with task analysis and user interface design to include Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, HCI, and Design Architecture.
• Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to design compelling and intuitive user interfaces.
• A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail.
• Experience partnering and communicating with System and Software Engineers under agile development processes.
• Any years of experience with the following web application and graphic design technologies
• Expertise in visual or graphic design using tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalents.
• Designing websites using HTML, CSS, Visual Basic, or other web-based programming languages
Desired Experience(Nice to Have)
• Experience with Cyber domain
• Experience with reviewing or processing TechSIGINT data
• Analyzing and translating user requirements into software mockups
• Ability to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
• Creating or reviewing design guides and documentation for mission users, and software development teams, ensuring that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
• Documenting scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, and maintenance, and disposal needs
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Experience using Jira and Confluence
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button.