Jobot is looking for a Ruby on Rails in Nether Providence Township – Apply Here!
Hybrid Software Engineer (ruby)
This Jobot Job is hosted by : Nicole Prokop
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now” button and sending us your resume.
Salary : $100,000 – $150,000 per year
A bit about us :
My client’s technology team builds a custom suite of products that run our entire business. Headquartered in Chester PA, they create and deploy complete solutions for marketing, sales, operations, finance and more.
We even have a custom communications platform that connects everyone in the company. We use cutting edge technologies like augmented reality, computer vision, machine learning, speech recognition and processing, geospatial data and a variety of mobile platforms.
Working here, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging technology problems and design solutions that are lasting, sustainable and positive.
You will be part of a cross-functional Scrum team and get to work alongside other top talent, including our growing team of application architects, UX designers, engineers and awesome developers.
You will be empowered to make decisions and enjoy great latitude in choosing the right tools and methods for the job. As an experienced developer, you will be expected to bring your knowledge to help us build and deliver highly visible products and help grow and mentor other team members.
Remote, within 3 hours of EST or Hybrid at the HQ just outside of Philadelphia, PA.
What do they build?
Internal application built called Nitro. Built in most recent versions of Ruby, React and Python.
• HRIS, Payrolling, CRM, ATS, Project Management tool similar to Jira all wrapped into one.
• Monolithic application
• 15 different scrum teams (5 to 8 on each team, product owner, scrum, QA, and dev) that work on different features within Nitro
• Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
• A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
• Competitive salary
• All the tech you need – We’ll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you’re regularly upgraded to the latest versions
• Personal development – Personal development books, courses and conferences
• Paid parental leave – When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave
3 events per year focused on internal development and improvement
Required Qualifications :
4+ years Rails experience
2+ years of experience mentoring and growing other developers
Strong knowledge of agile development methodologies
Proven track record of delivering quality work on time
Enjoy working with product specialists and end-users to understand requirements
Solid communication, collaboration and mentoring skills to work with a range of colleagues from product specialists and end-users, to UX designers and other developers
Strong interest in continued personal and professional development, inclusive of learning new programming languages and technologies
Experience incorporating automation and integration testing
Preferred Experience :
Web frontend : React, Bootstrap, GraphQL
Web backend : Rails, Rescue
Databases : MySQL, Redis, LDAP, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB
Team : Scrum, Git
DevOps : Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
Last updated : 2022-12-06