Staff Engineer Java NLP / ML / AI Systems (Remote)
Website RELX INC
Use your knowledge of Java and performance optimization to improve our information extraction systems which produce Lex Machina’s industry-leading data1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first. Help us scale our systems as we bring Legal Analytics to all legal practice areas and state courtsAd:
Ready to find your dream job? Click here.
As a member of our broader distributed product and engineering team, you will work with in-house legal experts, customers, and our design team to enhance our customers’ ability to make data-driven legal decisions This will be a home-based positionAd:
Unsure about your career? Use this free career assessment test to figure it out.
As a Staff Engineer on our NLP/algorithms team you will be responsible for the quality and accuracy of the data that drives the Lex Machina product The team develops and maintains systems that extract entity information from court-filed metadata and PDFs which is then clustered and inter-linked to provide customers a unified view of each attorney, law firm, party, and judge’s activity across all supported courts1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first. In addition to improving the reliability, performance, and robustness of these systems, you will also help us adopt state of the art AI, and machine learning techniques to create new ways of understanding what happens in litigationAd:
Stop spending hours editing your resume to fit job descriptions. 1,000,000+ job seekers have improved their odds of landing an interview by 80%. Optimize my resume now.
• You have been using modern Java (version 11 or later) to develop, debug, and deploy applications / services for 3+ years
• You have written code professionally for at least 5 years
• You think creating complex legal data and counting things could be fun
• You have experience with SQL and RDBMS design and query building
• You work well in a team-oriented organization due to your excellent communication skills and empathy
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, code academy, or work experience
• Deployment experience with Ansible or Kubernetes or other Ops automation tools
• Natural Language Processing, document classification, information extraction, machine learning
• Experience with Elasticsearch / OpenSearch, Solr or Lucene
• Python expertise
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 18558335120
To apply for this job please visit lensa.com.