Software Engineer – Opportunity for Working Remotely
The Elevator Pitch: Why would you enjoy this new opportunity?
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, networking and security business, and virtualization software1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first. We empower customers with solutions from the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspaceAd:
Ready to find your dream job? Click here.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer on our NSX Intelligence Big Data and Analytics team in the Networking and Security Business Unit
A tightly knit and fast paced team, NSX Intelligence develops a distributed analytics engine that gives customers real time, actionable insights into their NSX deploymentsAd:
Unsure about your career? Use this free career assessment test to figure it out.
NSX Intelligence is focused on security, with Intrusion Detection, Distributed Firewall, recommendation, and network visualization being some core features However, we’re developing with the bigger picture in mind, and we aim to be the go-to NSX analytics engine for customer’s security, trouble shooting, monitoring, and other needs1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first.
The NSX Intelligence team is growing fast and looking for engineers who share our passion for innovation in the fields of network security, distributed systems, machine learning, and big data visualization to name a fewAd:
Stop spending hours editing your resume to fit job descriptions. 1,000,000+ job seekers have improved their odds of landing an interview by 80%. Optimize my resume now.
You’ll be working with technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka, Apache Druid, Redis, MinIO, Java Spring, Golang, and more to enable our customers to better protect their networks against threats, deliver granular network analytics, and gain datacenter-wide visibility You will work on advanced networking and security product features with the opportunity to work alongside unique engineers and researchers in NSBU who have contributed heavily to the networking world
You will be part of a talented team of industry experts from across the world You will be part of a winning team – NSX Intelligence won TechTarget’s Best of Show award – Judge’s Choice for Disruptive Technology, at VMWorld Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware’s EPIC2 values Are you ready for your next great challenge with the NSX Intelligence team at VMware?
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
• You will contribute to key pieces of NSX Intelligence, including but not limited to crisp network flow visualization, policy recommendation and health analytics
• You will analyze and improve performance, scalability, and stability of NSX Intelligence components
• You will collaborate effectively with other engineers and researchers to solve complex problems
• You will work with a global team in different geographical locations and will have a unique opportunity to mentor and grow junior engineers while also developing your leadership skills
• You will bring your knowledge of containers, cloud and distributed systems as needed
• You will be driven and passionate about understanding customer needs and crafting high quality solutions to meet those needs
• You will deliver complex cloud software solutions that have resulted in significant market impact
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
• Work with technical architects to deliver growth, and transformation of NSX Intelligence into both an on-prem product and a high performant SaaS cloud solution
• Deliver product features in a highly-scalable micro-service environment
• Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum
• Collaborate with the team to deliver high quality code with tests in place to prevent any regressions
• Lead and participate in code reviews
• Write design specifications and document your work
Who you are:
• You are a self-starter – you thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
• You have strong collaboration skills with a “Team First” mentality
• You have technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do
• You have a “Growth” mindset in tackling problems and creating great solutions
• You have a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in developing distributed, multi-tier enterprise applications
• Solid knowledge of OOP concepts, object/data modeling, and data structures
• Deep working knowledge/expertise in Java
• Background in Relational Databases and NOSQL Databases
• Expertise in building highly scalable and performant, micro-services applications
• Python experience
• Golang experience
• Experience with Spring and SpringBoot (nice-to-have)
• Exposure to firewall and end-point security concepts (nice-to-have)
• Exposure to virtualization technologies, centralized networking, SDN, and security management
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is Sunitha Krishna, Sr Manager, Networking and Security Business Unit She leads the charter for Visualization & Recommendations for NSX Intelligence product – a distributed analytics platform that leverages granular workload and network context unique to NSX to deliver converged security policy management, analytics, and compliance with data center-wide visibility She built the team from scratch and the team has submitted several patents in the US Patent Office
Her background is big data analytics, and network security Prior to VMware, she has worked at Cisco on embedded software for Cisco switches, written software for multi-blade highly available carrier grade communication systems and DSP-based video recording and streaming platform
Her management philosophy is to create a flexible and inclusive work environment where people can achieve their best results and career goals She does this by building a team of self-starters who support and help one another She enables her team to focus on the most impactful tasks while providing guidance for employees to grow The team is built with DEI in focus with engineers who have the passion for technology and the drive in getting things done
Where is this role located?
The location of this role is flexible Work will be performed from the VMware Palo Alto office if you are living within a commutable distance or remote location in the US
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
• Generous Time Off Programs
• 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
• Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
• Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference)
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-08-31
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community Shape what’s possible today at
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics VMware encourages applicants of all ages Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law
To apply for this job please visit jobs.myarklamiss.com.