Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
Website Capital One
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you’ll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who solve real problems and meet real customer needs1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first. We are seeking Data Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologiesAd:
Ready to find your dream job? Click here.
As a Capital One Data Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One
What You’ll Do:
• Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
• Work with a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems
• Utilize programming languages like Java, Scala, Python and Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases and Cloud based data warehousing services such as Redshift and Snowflake
• Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
• Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
• Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 4 years of experience in application development (Internship experience does not apply)
• At least 1 year of experience in big data technologies
• 5+ years of experience in application development including Python, SQL, Scala, or Java
• 2+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
• 3+ years experience with Distributed data/computing tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Gurobi, or MySQL)
• 2+ year experience working on real-time data and streaming applications
• 2+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra)
• 2+ years of data warehousing experience (Redshift or Snowflake)
• 3+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
• 2+ years of experience with Agile engineering practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by locationAd:
Unsure about your career? Use this free career assessment test to figure it out.
Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first.
Location is New York City
– $156,596 and $184,748 for Senior Data Engineer
Location is Colorado
– $146,005 and $172,253 for Senior Data Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letterAd:
Stop spending hours editing your resume to fit job descriptions. 1,000,000+ job seekers have improved their odds of landing an interview by 80%. Optimize my resume now.
No agencies please Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp (COPSSC)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.mystateline.com.