Ruby On Rails Developer (4+ years)
Website Power Home Remodeling
Experienced Ruby on Rails Developer (4+ years)
Power is seeking a full stack Ruby on Rails developer with 4+ years of experience to join our team1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first. We are reinventing the home remodeling industry and to do that, we need a web application platform that supports our people, our ingenuity, and our growthAd:
Ready to find your dream job? Click here.
At Power, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging technology problems and design solutions that are lasting, sustainable and positive You will be part of a cross-functional Scrum team and get to work alongside other top talent, including our growing team of application architects, UX designers, engineers and awesome developersAd:
Unsure about your career? Use this free career assessment test to figure it out.
You will be empowered to make decisions and enjoy great latitude in choosing the right tools and methods for the job As an experienced developer, you will be expected to bring your knowledge to help us build and deliver highly visible products and help grow and mentor other team members1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first.
Come be part of an amazing team and see what it’s like to brag about where you workAd:
Stop spending hours editing your resume to fit job descriptions. 1,000,000+ job seekers have improved their odds of landing an interview by 80%. Optimize my resume now.
What we do here
At Power, our technology team builds a custom suite of products that run our entire business We create and deploy complete solutions for marketing, sales, operations, finance and more We even have a custom communications platform that connects everyone in the company We use cutting edge technologies like augmented reality, computer vision, machine learning, speech recognition and processing, geospatial data and a variety of mobile platforms
We enjoy all the benefits of a startup to move fast, ship rapidly and iterate quickly, but within an established organization that is well-funded and profitable We get to dip our toes in many different, fascinating areas and solve unique, challenging problems that could on their own be standalone apps or companies We’re a tech powerhouse hidden inside a remodeling company
We value diversity of all types at Power and our team is made up of a kind, thoughtful group of people with a wide range of backgrounds We actively try to find people with different perspectives and experiences to the ones we already have
Power has been awarded Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT, Fortune Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials, one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, one of Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Philadelphia Magazine Coolest Companies
• 4+ years Rails experience
• 2+ years of experience mentoring and growing other developers
• Strong knowledge of agile development methodologies
• Proven track record of delivering quality work on time
• Enjoy working with product specialists and end-users to understand requirements
• Solid communication, collaboration and mentoring skills to work with a range of colleagues from product specialists and end-users, to UX designers and other developers
• Strong interest in continued personal and professional development, inclusive of learning new programming languages and technologies
• Experience incorporating automation and integration testing
• Web frontend: React, Bootstrap, GraphQL
• Web backend: Rails, Rescue
• Databases: MySQL, Redis, LDAP, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB
• Team: Scrum, Git
• DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
• Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
• A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
• Competitive salary
• All the tech you need – We’ll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you’re regularly upgraded to the latest versions
• Personal development – Personal development books, courses and conferences
• Paid parental leave – When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave
• 3 events per year focused on internal development and improvement
• Remote, within 3 hours of EST or Hybrid at our HQ just outside of Philadelphia, PA
To apply for this job please visit www.dice.com.