Java Developer – 2640613 (Washington DC)
You’ve stumbled upon the rare government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government seeking Java Developer to join our team at a major Federal agencyAd:
Ready to find your dream job? Click here.
The developer will join a team that provides software engineering services to conduct required operations and maintenance activities and to support development, modernization, and enhancement tasks for both new and existing software applications
Although a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan areaAd:
Unsure about your career? Use this free career assessment test to figure it out.
The selected individual will be required to pick up their work equipment (laptop) from our customer’s offices, located in Washington, DC
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first.
• Software development experience with Java/J2EE and Java-based Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) obtained through an academic, internship, or other professional experience
• Experience developing with RESTful web services
• Solid understanding of HTML 5, CSS, and JSP markup, including JSP tag libraries
• Knowledge of PostgreSQL and relational database design
• Support of use case design and realization
• Ability to successfully work with team members, including senior architects, analysts, and the project manager, to design and estimate system implementation timelines
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
• Attention to detail including the ability to develop grammatically correct, accurate written materials
• Action orientatedAd:
Stop spending hours editing your resume to fit job descriptions. 1,000,000+ job seekers have improved their odds of landing an interview by 80%. Optimize my resume now.
Should be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes
• Experience with Linux, including familiarity with basic system administration tasks
• Experience with configuration management using continuous integration and continuous deployment processes
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline required
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve And , by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey
Try us we’ll make you happy
Internal title/grade: Software Engineer, Grade 3
To apply for this job please visit builtin.com.